Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

GoDaddy: Pending Whois Verification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just noticed in my domain management of GD that a lot of my domains are 'Pending Whois Verification' (as opposed to 'Active'). What does this mean? I've tried sending multiple emails to all associated with them, but not receiving them to some and not changing the status to others. Is this something to worry about as in GD can confiscate them and/or give me a bogus charge for having a valid email address, but not verifying on time?

Thanks,
David

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. Suppose there's about a 30 minute wait to change status back to active. Although, I never clicked the link in another email associated with my account-because it was never received-and those domains changed back to active as well.

I've used one with GD for years (primary mail) that won't receive the link to update and have received PayPal funds through it as well. Is this a problem that has occurred with anyone else before and if so, does anyone know the ToS for not verifying them 'in a timely' manner?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Johnn,

Thanks for the link, it was informing as far as ICANN's policy on having valid information on your domains for beginners.

However, this goes into depth as far as me actually receiving money from them on one email. As far as the other email goes, I don't know if I have ever verified it to be honest.

Do you happen to know the exact policy with ICANN of how long you have to verify an email? Also GD's policy on not verifying in a timely manner? Can they charge you if you're late or even take the domain name?

I never received an email to verify the email in the first place. I only saw this as I was going through renewals and it's way to the right to even be seen. I could have easily neglected to not verify it and wonder if GD has repercussions of not doing it on time.

This is because 1) I rarely check my email and 2) Moniker's policy is if you don't tell them not to release your privacy with a legitimate claim not to, they will release contact info within 5 days.

I know comparing Moniker to GD is like apples and oranges, but GD does charge for renewing a domain after it expires.

Are you aware if GD charges to get your names back (if they take them) or fail to verify an email on time?

Thanks!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You never know what Godaddy would do. Contact your rep to make sure.
I don't have too many names left with them so I don't really know (under 100) - I moved all my names to elsewhere a while ago.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too for the first time today. Also had to verify my email address when I wanted to change nameservers for a domain. Never been asked to do that before.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never had to verify my email address for just changing dns on a domain.
If gd is doing that it is crazy.

We'd spend all day clicking on verification links from all registrars after any change is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom