Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Godday Superbowl Ad Makes A "joke" Of Animal Cruelty.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As someone who has done work and contributed a lot of money to animal rescue over the years, this is highly offensive and inappropriate. There is nothing "funny" about backyard breeders, animal sellers, or people who transport animals unsafely. We have to kill almost 4 million dogs a year because of idiots who abuse them and more idiots who keep breeding more for profit.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh my god.

that is horrendous.

please tell me it is a hoax.

Vanster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the official GoDaddy youtube account.

I hope "Buddy" was acquired by a loving owner that will train him well and above all, feed him good quality, nutrient rich dog food :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...r-bowl-puppy-ad-controversy-article-1.2094705

Ad was deemed related to a puppy mill organization.

And, the person taking the puppy away at the end of the ad is Danica Patrick.

Looks like this ad is getting a colder reception than the Blizzard of '15.

The ad has now been pulled, it seems my friend Laura Nativo's tweets to the CEO finally got to them.

Glad they pulled the ad, but the fact that they even made it shows that they are some seriously sick individuals. I guess they'll have to go to Plan B... in which a black man is kidnapped off the street, dragged behind a pickup truck, then "sold" on a Godaddy website by a rich white girl.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, the ad has been pulled.

From Danica's boobs, to Bob shooting an elephant, to producing a commercial throwing a puppy out the window, what will GD do next for attention?

imo....

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
saw it online. disturbing to watch for any pet lover and they dare make fun of it.
the subject of selling pets to strangers who may abuse them and may be more disgusting than the pet owners on the ad can't be funny.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in response to that GD screw-up

sedo is running a rotating ad on their home page that says " At Sedo, puppies are in the best of hands... like your domains"

:)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and a dog's life is valuable just like an elephant's.:p

danica agreed to be the driver of the car that takes the dog at the end. what was she thinking of?? it's probably in her contract to do as bob says.

Last edited:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is easy to sit back and critique that hideous misfire... but I wonder what it would take to see the conversation shift to how we as a community react to such behavior?

GD is a behemoth in registrar land. Maybe they feel invulnerable to public opinion?

Personally, I have never been a fan and don't keep domains there past their next renewal date. But if they lost a good chunk of the 47 million dog households in the US, maybe they would become a bit less stupid?

As a marketer, I just don't see how heads don't roll from this. Well, with a proud elephant hunter at the helm, I guess I do. But the bigger point is that there should be market consequences for being so offensive, not just a bunch of tut-tuts.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is easy to sit back and critique that hideous misfire... but I wonder what it would take to see the conversation shift to how we as a community react to such behavior?

GD is a behemoth in registrar land. Maybe they feel invulnerable to public opinion?

Personally, I have never been a fan and don't keep domains there past their next renewal date. But if they lost a good chunk of the 47 million dog households in the US, maybe they would become a bit less stupid?

As a marketer, I just don't see how heads don't roll from this. Well, with a proud elephant hunter at the helm, I guess I do. But the bigger point is that there should be market consequences for being so offensive, not just a bunch of tut-tuts.

I agree.

As I learned when I tried to stop a huge fundraiser a few years ago for an animal abuser who had been SHUT DOWN by authorities (and getting people to raise money to put him back in business), most people care but there are some that don't. Even when mass graves were discovered behind the abusers "rescue shelter", some people said they didn't care, it was publicity for them and free drinks.

I certainly think less of Godaddy, and you're right, they seem to be OK knowing they have some sick, perverted individuals on their staff, and they don't seem to care.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom