Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Good news for .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Checkout a sale I made a awhile ago, SOUNDBOARD.CA. Nevertheless, most domainers have their purse strings tied in a pretty tight knot. So, what we are seeing is the odd end users picking up stuff. This does not encourage me much, but we remain hopeful for the near future. The economy is struggling and we are really feeling the pinch in our market. Google and Yahoo have cut back costs, which means among other things, paying out about 75% less on PPC, that,s my guess. However, their earnings were in the plus, so maybe we too will see an improvement soon.

Domain Summit 2024

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The positive thing is that despite what the economy does, more business is being done online and people need a good domain for their website. I think that's a big reason why the domain market has still been active over the past year for all extensions.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam…what was on the domains before you sold them? Were they parked or did you have a for sale page up?

They were parked with a for sale that linked to an email to me.

-=DCG=-

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ppc and .ca have no direct links that would affect the market, you need traffic lol

The .ca market imo is not down at all, I have sold several 5 figure names the last 2 months, 2 here 2 private. It has always been my belief the market as a whole (.ca) was affordable and thus during a market wide down turn the .ca stays relatively steady as it hasnt anywhere to drop to that anyone would accept.

The most powerful keywords still demand 5 figures mid to high well generally good words/combos struggle at $XXX- low $XXXX.

It is my take on things and not a popular one that the worst enemy of the .ca reseller markets are the resellers.

We will see a rise in reseller prices when resellers smarten up.

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had a few good months in a row on both ppc/adsense and .ca/website sales. Latest was carpediem for 1k. Lots of inquires too. :eek:k:

2010 should be much better.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were parked with a for sale that linked to an email to me.

-=DCG=-

Hi Adam. Thanks for sharing this information. Did you post a minimum price in the 'for sale' link? Or was it up to the potential buyer to make the first offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom