Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Group Of Webmasters Confirm AdSense Payout Is Only A 5 - 7% Revenue Share

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Maybe domainers need some kind of an organized union that could monitor and make sure we're being treated fairly by both google and yahoo. Maybe it would be worth a small fee to have some kind of protection instead of just accepting whatever crumbs and peanuts these companies want to give us out of the goodness of their hearts.

Domain Summit 2024

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe domainers need some kind of an organized union that could monitor and make sure we're being treated fairly by both google and yahoo. Maybe it would be worth a small fee to have some kind of protection instead of just accepting whatever crumbs and peanuts these companies want to give us out of the goodness of their hearts.

Competition is what is needed. Google has very little of it.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Competition is what is needed. Google has very little of it.

It will come - eventually. Remember we are still only in the early stages/developing stages of the internet. These are pioneering and exciting times.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
( Maybe domainers need some kind of an organized union that could monitor and make sure we're being treated fairly by both google and yahoo. )

Both google, MS and yahoo will not need domainers, as they are already starting to move away from them. This is clear by how they are all putting so much money, into things like youtube and program systems. MS spent many billions on hardware networks, to serve up program that will tie into their ads and OS. They are moving to take out the middle man, that would be most domainers.

That is why web 2.0 is moving so fast, did you know MS is spending that billions and billions on hardware. And they will have the biggest hardware network bar none, they are tieing all their programs and OS's together. Microsoft has changed the way they think even, never before was microsoft able to get all teams to work together. Think free programs and services, all that tie into their very big ads system.

This is why microsoft is spending billion and billions, on a hardware network to serve up all these ads, and to be able to handle all the traffic of it all. Google is building a system with lots of programs, that are tied in with the now 6+ GB gmail. Google money service as well, what is happening is the web is finally growing up. Domainers will need to grow up with it, and find their neche with in the web moving ahead.

One thing is for sure domainers, need to start moving away from depending all on just google. And move into other ways of making money, there is still money to be made with google yes. But that is only one source of making money on domains, and I think domainers are looking at other options now. Or making changes to level the playing field better, but google, MS and yahoo don't care about domainers that is for sure.

But take what I said, with a gain of salt as this is just what I think is happening. And at this point, it's only putting together parts of stuff that has happen.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although parking is a bit different to adsense, I have a domain which was averaging around $25 per month on parking.

I changed it to a small one page website with a link to a single affiliate program and I'm now getting around US$700 to $800 a month.

Unfortunately I don't think I can do that so easily with the majority of my domains, or I would.

It has shown me that domains can be worth a lot more than 5 or 10 times parking income when used for selling products or services as an affiiliate, and presumable even more when selling a company's own product (although I guess I knew that already).

Hi, Very interesting.

Can you reveal the category the domain is in and the affiliate program being used (by post or by PM) so successfully?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The affiiliate program is one of these super food fruit juices. My domain happens to be the exact name of the fruit (not .com)

I'll PM you the program.

namenut

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And pigs fly gracefully! ....

It's all in the wording. Any of us that have "consulted" an expert know that the simplest, slightest and most minute detail is allllllll that matters.

Of course they keep multiple click rev. Why... Because TOS does not say we will pay you residual or repeat traffic. The fact that the issue is not adressed is all they need to (default) pass your complaint. EXCUUUUUSE me? You want payment for ALL your traffic? .....lol ....please?!

Wake up peeps. If you ran a search and found a half way decent lander, that falls under your search criteris, would you click on more than one ad? Most likely .......... and parking Cos knooooooooooooooow it!

Affiliate (cj.com) and reap most of your clicks.:undecided:
There is stuff on my boot but I walk softly! Can I have cookies?

NameNut

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got plenty of affiliate (cj.com) banners on my sites....not reaping any clicks....:(.....not sure why....

NameRegistration

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This market really needs some new players. A big media company should see the big margins they can get in this sector and invest to pass the initial barriers. If G is doing a 95%-93% margin a new comer could easily gain a nice market share with an 80% margin. I believe many webmasters will move to any different option just to escape from this abuse.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This market really needs some new players. A big media company should see the big margins they can get in this sector and invest to pass the initial barriers. If G is doing a 95%-93% margin a new comer could easily gain a nice market share with an 80% margin. I believe many webmasters will move to any different option just to escape from this abuse.

If Yahoo cant get it right, what makes you think some media company could?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And pigs fly gracefully! ....

It's all in the wording. Any of us that have "consulted" an expert know that the simplest, slightest and most minute detail is allllllll that matters.

Of course they keep multiple click rev. Why... Because TOS does not say we will pay you residual or repeat traffic. The fact that the issue is not adressed is all they need to (default) pass your complaint. EXCUUUUUSE me? You want payment for ALL your traffic? .....lol ....please?!

Wake up peeps. If you ran a search and found a half way decent lander, that falls under your search criteris, would you click on more than one ad? Most likely .......... and parking Cos knooooooooooooooow it!

Affiliate (cj.com) and reap most of your clicks.:undecided:
There is stuff on my boot but I walk softly! Can I have cookies?

NameNut

A name on an adsense site last night got 1 visitor, 6 clicks, $5.98 - so they definately do pay for multiple clicks, but who knows if they are consistent in doing so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom