Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Gum.org - Reg'd Since Jan 2000

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please, give us your honest feedback about GUM.org
It's a nice LLL but also a common and strong keyword.

We need also some ideas on how finding some potentially motivated end users ready to invest in the high $x,xxx on it.

Several dozens of unique visitors/month as genuine organic traffic, should be a good start.

We're also opened to any brokerage proposal, of course.

Email: domainempire (at) nym.hush.com

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you considered marketing to the dental industry, especially industry groups? Seems like an obvious domain for them and they easily have the ability to reach your desired pricing expectations, which do not seem unreasonable at all.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We'll try with the dental industry, thanks for the feedback, it was obvious but for some reasons, in a first time I didn't think to do a deep google research for the biggest dental companies actually online.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing, GUM is a really well-known dental product brand (Butler belongs to the same parent co) so while I understand gum is a generic term and thus a dictionary word you may run into unexpected things, they (GUM andButler) use GumBrand.com as their website and apparently they could not get gum.com either since it's parked. There are tons of TMs for "gum" as well, check the live ones. I rarely recommend this but check with domain brokers too, they may have connections in that space

That aside I think you're being too modest with $,$$$ as a potential investment by someone, go for the $$,$$$, well into them like $25-35K, and you may not always have to take the initiative and contact dental professionals, they'll come to you. Basically product manufacturers should want a name like this, and you have it in the correct extension, gum.com just does not get the same authoritative value. I would not focus on it being some strange acronym unrelated to dental subjects, or on using it for its mega-kw potential either, you definitely want an end user for this one. They should be contacting you already, make sure the WhoIs address works and the Sedo parked page link is enabled that the domain is for sale. It's amazing how often domainers may be unaware either one of those doesn't lead to you directly or is outdated. You may want to set a minimum offer on marketplaces, an auction or a BIN would cheapen this great domain, plus you don't want to potentially undersell choosing a BIN price or some auction reserve/min bid by yourself. You really have a winner here. Let's hope you can find a winning buyer too

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed and positive feedback Angel69, really useful and constructive.
Just yesterday we've moved the first step to approach a broker potentially able to help us selling and to move the right steps by avoiding any possible trademark conflict.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators