Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help a newbie - How do I analyze search popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
My expertise is with domain trading but lately I'm trying to get into website development and revenue generation. Bear in mind I am new to this.
I'm planning to give this Lead Generation idea that Adam keeps talking about a go. I'm thinking of setting up a Pool Removal lead gen site to collect contacts from local folks who land on my page and pass them onto the local Pool Removal company for a revenue share. Then I got to thinking...how do I know if Pool Removal is more popular than, say, Cosmetic Dentistry in my local area? Surely I want to target the most popular 'service'. If there are 100,000 local searches for "Cosmetic Dentistry" versus only 1,000 for "Pool Removal" then I ought to target that right?

But how to get this information? Is there a way for me to know how popular certain searches are in my area? The local aspect is key. It's no good me knowing which is most popular in the United States...only in my local area.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your search should look like this

View attachment pool.jpg

Make sure you have Exact Match checked

View attachment exact match.png

You should be looking for low competition keywords with strong monthly searches.

Be sure to check the actual SERPs. You're looking for low quality/ spam pages. If Wikipedia ranks but is bellow the 3rd position.. walk away.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your search should look like this

Make sure you have Exact Match checked

You should be looking for low competition keywords with strong monthly searches.

Be sure to check the actual SERPs. You're looking for low quality/ spam pages. If Wikipedia ranks but is bellow the 3rd position.. walk away.

Thanks for this.
Wouldn't this give me national results? What about results for my local area (like Northern California, or even more specific)? Is this possible?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one option is to try using your "local" yellow pages

to see if there are more pool removal services listed than cosmetic dentistry

while you're doing that, you can note those who do and don't have websites

and if you can read between the lines on that, then you'll be into something

cuz google ain't everything

:)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this.
Wouldn't this give me national results? What about results for my local area (like Northern California, or even more specific)? Is this possible?

There are both local and global results; however, local is really national traffic. There isn't a way to dig deeper than that (unless theres a 3rd party tool I'm unaware).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom