Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

HELP! I "have no buffer space available"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd really appreciate a hand here. I don't know what I did to my system, but I keep getting the message "no buffer space available" when I try to upload a site or mail. I keep losing connections online, as well. I've tried searching for the answer on this, but it's all in techno-speak, which is not something I understand.

Is there a direct, fairly simple means of correcting this problem?
It's driving me nuts.

I'm running a Pentium II 333 on Windows 2000.

Thank you.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm putting this back on top because I'm still having the problem. Your help would be very appreciated.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem is, perhaps its a memory problem?. Maybe a memory leak(I had one on my old computer and it would eat up all my memory). You might want to get a new computer. That one is pretty old. It sounds like your on dialup too. No high speed access in your area?. Maybe your connection is what is causing problems?. Could it be that your temporary internet files folder is to large?.

Just did a search on google. Maybe this link will help you?. Some of it is written in "english".

http://www.cit.cornell.edu/helpdesk/win/email/eud10055.html

RMF

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, RMF.

No dial-up... I have Road Runner. I've never had this problem before (at least two years). I checked out your link, but it doesn't really say how to solve the problem, just to shut-down competing network applications. This problem occurs whether I have other applications running or not.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
rebooting doesn't help?
Any new applications installed?

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No and no :)

The only thing I can think of is I had a program optimize my Internet connection. This problem arose around the same time. But I have since returned to my defaulted setting, with no improvement.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I bet that "optimizer" is the cause - does it have a safe uninstall?

I don't know Win 2000 - but it's supposed to optimize itself, and it also has a list of safe programers - and unsafe ones to. I heard that in the win 2000 intro 2 years ago - never heard of it again.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DC, but like I said, I returned it to the defaulted state. The program is System Mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom