Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[Help] Retrieving a domain from Korean registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMVentures

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been tasked with retrieving a domain my company lost and am having some unexpected difficulty.

The person who did a drop catch on the domain has it with GABIA.COM which is a Korean registrar, I can't find any English features on their site. How am I supposed to gain ownership of this domain, does SEDO (company handling the transaction/Escrow) expect me to create an account at GABIA? or do we have to wait a long time before we can officially transfer it to our GD?

5/19/11: Please submit payment

5/19/11: Payment sent

5/20/11 Escrow payment received

5/23/11 Transfer not possible
Transfer is not possible within -319 days

Unfortunately this domain was registered or transferred less than 60 days ago and is therefore under a registrar lock for the next -319 days. The transfer cannot be continued until Jul/09/2010.
We will notify you immediately once the registrar lock has cleared and inform you about the next steps.
Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for DNForum help,

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should call someone at sedo. Sounds like they already made an account for you at the Korean registrar, so they're just gonna hold it there. Maybe they'll point the nameservers where you want them if you ask nice until it comes off registrar lock (which can't really be in the past)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom