Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal HKE.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree afloat, Just poor service as I am the one being punished for being an honest domainer. Yet it is there problem. If they do not compensate me in some way then I will be transfering ALL of my domains out of Moniker and will advise ALL others to do so.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Obviously Moniker/SnapNames only shares information with the parties involved, but for the sake of transparency they should explain why this ongoing delay in identifying fraud on their auction system.

Had I seen this thread when it started, I would have pointed out that such an old (1999) domain being sold well below mid $x,xxx has some ownership issues.

In other words: if it sounds like an incredible deal, it most like is.

EarlBarrett

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice support Theo with the article ... Why I use Godaddy over Moniker - they can't do that without legal documentation.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, Moniker needs to ratify their accounting mistake in this situation and take a loss.

How many accountants does it take to change a light bulb at Moniker?

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly my opinion also. Moniker, step up to the plate and compensate us for our losses due to your negligence.

In my opinion, Moniker needs to ratify their accounting mistake in this situation and take a loss.

How many accountants does it take to change a light bulb at Moniker?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This makes me want to take a "TM" name out of Moniker (opened it there for their "privacy") and stick it at another registrar (one of my best names IMO). Next thing you know, they'll be removing domains without UDRP's, but you can always use Moniker's own UDRP policy... since they surely have their own for privacy.

alexdon82

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel used in this situation, I refunded payment to James, because I understand he was also not fault on this situation,
but i will loose middle $XXX myself
I bought hke.net on 15.04.2013 by

Aleksandr Andreev
Peshehonova st.9 ap.30
Naro-Fominsk
Moskovskaya Oblast
RU
Phone: +7.9267356306

He still owns UXZ.com and AKKE.com

Now for me to late to make a complaint because over 100 days gone and customer protection is not available on this long term.

But in my eyes this process is fault of Moniker, not mine. I moved all domains from them and want to recommend this to everyone who wants
to keep their names in safety.

In another case they could steal your name in X days, X months or even X years.

I asked them 2 times about details about this transaction, but they answer me only with general phrases:

Hello,

The domain was purchased fraudulently on the initial transaction on snapnames.
Sometimes the investigation takes along while to sort through.

In this case, our investigation has determined that the transaction on the snapnames platform back in April was fraudulent, so the original transaction was reversed and the domain was returned to the original seller.

Snapnames will always protect the buyers and sellers who buy/sell on the snapnames platform.

Once a domain is purchased fraudulently, any future transactions on that domain are considered invalid.

Best Regards,

Marti
Moniker Support

P.S. Moniker currently on place number 1 for me, then comes 1and1.com

Moniker is absolutely not trusted company, who steals money of their clients, don't use them!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Good to hear you resolved the issue with James, because when an item is recovered from being stolen, someone takes a hit.

For the record, if you bought this domain for low $XXX you should have known, as I previously said here and in private, that there is no way that such a price is justified.

In other words, thieves that are able to steal a domain have no problem unloading it for much less than its value. A 1999 registration of such letters is worth four figures and up.

Moniker did the right thing, regardless of how you feel 'cheated', because it was your responsibility to check on the prior ownership records of this domain.

And since all eyes are on Moniker currently, I wish they had done the same with the stolen domain, GMIX.com. Back then, they did not convince GoDaddy the domain was stolen in order to reverse the transfer, although they had full access to the login information and obviously bogus WHOIS info of the thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators