Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How A Premium Domain Can Boost Your Business

Yaadoo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium domains definitely can help boost your business. When I was doing E-Commerce back in the day, I felt that picking the right domain was responsible for at least 25% of the success of my online marketing strategy. Though the article's content you shared is a little outdated with regards to redirecting domains to get type-in traffic in my opinion. Type-in traffic is largely dead these days and will continue to deteriorate. Almost everyone knows how to use search engine now and browsers like chrome now automatically redirects what you type in the URL bar to a search engine when you type in keywords which I feel was probably a huge blow to domains with type-in traffic. Keywords are still very important for like SEO though; but in my opinion less than what it was 5 years ago.

There's a lot of things you should consider when choosing a good domains or right domain. And sometimes it's not easy because there's a lot of tradeoff between one domain to the next. Here's a article that'll be useful for both people looking to buy a domain and domainers trying to evaluate the worth of a domain. A good guideline to evaluating a domain name.

Characteristics of a Good Domain - http://dropshippingtoday.com/characteristics-good-domain-2/

Yaadoo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point to bring up. For I think the right domain for everyone is different based on needs but a premium domain is something that likely a lot of people will value. A unique brandable name may be a fit for someone but it's not premium but a keyword domain like shopping.com is premium because there's a good chance it's the right domain for a lot of people. But yes, I see your point, there's a large large grey area with regards to what's premium and what's not.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators