Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

epik How come Epik Landers don't have a Gallery?

This is a discussion about the domain name registrar/company Epik.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How come the Epik Landers don't have a way to upload images to a gallery?

I often use different images for various industries such as Education, Cannabis, Jobs, etc. It doesn't make sense to re-upload. same image to the lander all the time.

If I had a gallery of my own images this would be easier and faster.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How come the Epik Landers don't have a way to upload images to a gallery?
I've suggested this too, because as a photographer, you can be a little more creative than the current stock photography available.

The only thing I see wrong with this is that Epik would essentially be hosting an image that a user uploaded. If everyone in the world had a good heart and mind, this wouldn't be an issue. However, there are some pretty twisted people. Potentially, they could be put in a bad place because someone could add inappropriate to even illegal photos to their servers, giving the media another facet to attack them on. Implementing moderation seems like a logical fix, but this really would just complicate the matters. An Epik staff member could approve a seemingly appropriate photo of a beach, but that photo may have a copyright and not be allowed to be used for commercial work (a domain for sale).

I really can't think of a way that Epik can implement it without them ultimately becoming the center of unwanted attention.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've suggested this too, because as a photographer, you can be a little more creative than the current stock photography available.

The only thing I see wrong with this is that Epik would essentially be hosting an image that a user uploaded. If everyone in the world had a good heart and mind, this wouldn't be an issue. However, there are some pretty twisted people. Potentially, they could be put in a bad place because someone could add inappropriate to even illegal photos to their servers, giving the media another facet to attack them on. Implementing moderation seems like a logical fix, but this really would just complicate the matters. An Epik staff member could approve a seemingly appropriate photo of a beach, but that photo may have a copyright and not be allowed to be used for commercial work (a domain for sale).

I really can't think of a way that Epik can implement it without them ultimately becoming the center of unwanted attention.
One idea, this could be for only trusted and vetted accounts.

@robmonster @dadan

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, will discuss with @dadan about that UX change. Reasonable request.

There is also some discussion of video landers -- landing pages with brief, fast-loading videos that play in the background. What do folks think of custom video landers?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, will discuss with @dadan about that UX change. Reasonable request.

There is also some discussion of video landers -- landing pages with brief, fast-loading videos that play in the background. What do folks think of custom video landers?

I would love custom video landers @robmonster!

We have seen some domain brokers use domain videos but it doesn't seem that popular currently.

Maybe with the proper landing page it would be a hit? @dadan

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love custom video landers @robmonster!

We have seen some domain brokers use domain videos but it doesn't seem that popular currently.

Maybe with the proper landing page it would be a hit? @dadan

OK, stay tuned. We'll see if we can fast-track that one, either in one phase or two.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators