Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How to monetize domains?

amro

Reaction score
I have the following domains: insta.how, whatsapp.help, messenger.help, tell me how you can monetize them?

Domain summit 2024

amro

Reaction score
I would like to create blogs on the relevant domain topics, gain traffic and connect advertising. How appropriate and beneficial is it?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As they are trademarks, the only legitimate way you could reasonably get away with it, without receiving a C&D, is developing a site that doesn't contend with the usage of their trademarks. That said, each company has its own policy on trademark usage, specifically for domain names. I would find Facebook's terms and tread lightly around them.

They're obscure gTLDs so there will be zero type-in traffic. You could only rely on organic search and social media marketing, which requires some effort in developing.

If Facebook allows for "Insta", "Messenger", and "WhatsApp" in domain names, under their terms, it could potentially be monetized in various ways. Some ideas that it could be are a blog for helpful tips on using features, a Q&A type setup, or even a forum for help. Most of the content will have to be created by you as nobody is going to just appear there without ranking somehow, and even if you do rank, it's a long road for users to add content.

Once the content is there, you will begin to rank and can monetize it through AdSense.

Hypothetically, it should pay for renewal and then some as it ranks, but I wouldn't expect much. That alone, to me, is enough to keep a type-in .com domain name in my portfolio as a $10 renewal to earn $10.50 (50 cents profit) is enough for me to keep it on auto-renew (100s of domains at 50 cents profit a year is still some earned dividends while waiting for the largest of them: a sale).

But in the instance of these names, we're talking a lot of time and effort put into it to earn a minimal profit, which would not be worth it to me (i.e., earn $10.50 a year when it took me 20 hours to develop to only profit 50 cents yearly).

It'd be of my opinion to drop the idea of monetizing these names and focus on something that you have interest in, such as cats and dogs, that you can continually add content to and combine your love for X to your site(s) Y and Z while building up your earnings more than these could possibly ever be as if they do rank, it will be far down in the results.

Good luck!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators