Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to start making money on my domains names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonythetiger

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 1st rule to live by is to know why you are purchasing the domain. Are you buying the domain to flip? Or are you buying the domain to keep for the long term? Once you have answered those questions, then you can proceed accordingly.

Domain Summit 2024

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All excellent advice. I'm a noob too. Definitely read, read, and read some more. If you have cash to spend, and want to start quick, then established domain names, or sites with traffic are the way to go.

As new domainers, we are finding ourselves in a tight spot to hand reg good domain names. The boom took most of them, and they are all slowly finding their ways into the end users hand. You must be creative.

Like tldrental said, a lot of domainers are tight lipped, because a lot of domainers are followers. The best are not going to give away their secrets, only give you advice to lead you to find your own success. BE A LEADER.

There is definitely a "change" in how us noobs approach this business as opposed to say 6 - 8 years ago. (when I was busy developing and not buying names - Doh!) If your going to hand reg, your 99% of the time going to develop as well. Which is why the development question always comes up. There are needles out there still to hand reg, but its not about finding the needle.

If your only interest is buying and selling domain names, without developing, put away your cc and stop hand reg'ing.

-Zh

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Developing is the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read in this forum, learn how to monetize your domain...

What i have done so far is developing some of my domains and it's true i can make money by developing domains rather than park them (because my domains are not premium).

If you can build established site and make some money from developed site, you can sell it. That would make you more money. Then you can invest to buy another domain...

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are no premium domains ...
The idea is that domains that meet certain criteria should be better.
For what?
For who?
Why?
When?
How?
These people claim to know it: premiumdomain.com
How comes, then, that AsSeenOnTV.com was sold for so much?
What about BedAndBath.com ($50,000.00)?
And so many other examples?
The Premium Domain Concept is a unscientific marketing argument.
The truth could be that a number of people try to introduce some shimmy standard, in the hope that their domains get sold - Guess why (because they meet that standard).
Everything gets sold, eventually.
It just takes patience.
... And some buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You both are absolutely right!!

We should probably ask...... a question then.

How fast do you want your feet to hit the ground running and what income do you want to make from day one?

There's two ways to do this if you are just starting.

Fast Way
1. You have a bankroll to buy established domains with traffic that make "X" amount of Parking PPC income daily to make you happy.

Slower Way
2. It takes a long while before a hand reg'd name gains enough traction parking (Parked.com, Sedo, RevenueDirect) to generate suitable income for anyone. Thus you need to develop sites and build the traffic to them.

If you are new to this you should stay away from hand registering vanity names. Stick to generic keyword phrase of 2 - 3 words as little characters as possible.

Also at the end of the day the mini script sites that most of us use to develop our domains is still consider parking. You just get to keep 100% of revenue instead of giving 40% - 60% to a parking company.

I think the majority of the people on this board do a little of #1 and #2.

now i know realise why i'm not making any money @ parked.i just parked my some of my domains about 2 wks ago.only getting 1-2 clicks a day from all the domains together.but i am working on developing all my domains.great thread.thx tld for responding to this thread.i love this site lol.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Find some end users!
It's the best way to make money.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
now i know realise why i'm not making any money @ parked.i just parked my some of my domains about 2 wks ago.only getting 1-2 clicks a day from all the domains together.but i am working on developing all my domains.great thread.thx tld for responding to this thread.i love this site lol.

Thanks for the props!

I have a funny story related to this topic. Recently I did some server upgrades on my servers, and during the down time I temporarily pointed my hosted and developed domains to Parked.com to not loose the traffic while my network was being upgraded.

Wow with in minutes of pointing the names away from my hosting and to Parked.com, I started getting mad clicks like crazy.

The click ratio at Parked.com was 4:1 compared to my google adsense on my developed sites. Basically I received 4 clicks from parked.com to every 1 click from developed site via adsense.

Seeing these results I started to second guess myself, and site development.

Until I compared revenue generated that day with parked.com versus an average day with Adsense.

I noticed that my google adsense revenue was 3:1 more then the revenue generated at Parked.com with more clicks.

Incase you missed the point, I got way more 4x's more clicks from Parked.com then the same sites using adsense, but I made 3x's less money from parked.com

I got less CTR on my adsense sites, but the value of the clicks were much better then parked.com without a middle man (Parked.com) leaching of my traffic.

Switching my sites to parked.com for a day was a real loss when you add to the equation all the lost revenue from affilate sponsors and tagible products not being sold.

This experience was a great reminder of how much developing sites is over domain parking.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on how many domains one have and how much spare time he have.

Parking (at Parked.com) is fine for type-in domain domains as You have quite nice stable income.

For expired domains with traffic, it's good to put in at Whypark so You won't lose expired traffic and google position.

And if one have enough time, it's best to develop all good domains with decent traffic and put relaetd affiliate sponsors + adsense to monetize even those who don't spend money on interWEB ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom