Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I Got Screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
went to registerfly to test out a name, i knew it wasnt available but i tried to reg it anyway, registerfly charged me anyway. anyone else have this prob? get your money back? im working on that part now. if they dont refund im turning them in at fraud.org (.org?) and the better business bureau........

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez..you guys get all bent out of shape very easily..it's clearly a shopping cart issue ..

have you considered contacting registerfly and having them do a charge back..very simple..of course you'll probably have to pay teh chargeback fee $5 or whatever..
You fully admit you were trying to reg something that wasnt available..you wasted registerflys time, your credit cards time (and resources) and now YOU are the victim ?

Come on trent get it together...you didnt get screwed

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by trent2275
went to registerfly to test out a name, i knew it wasnt available but i tried to reg it anyway, registerfly charged me anyway. anyone else have this prob? get your money back? im working on that part now. if they dont refund im turning them in at fraud.org (.org?) and the better business bureau........

the chargeback is $200.00
:confused:

What did you think would happen, it would magically appear in your account, hence, be swiped from the current registrant????

sneaky.

You don't get charged to do a chargeback. Thats why its called a chargeback. Registerfly would be charged. Anyway.... Give registerfly a chance to fix....

This was in bad faith though...why did you try that?

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and yes i got screwed

you dont charge someone $20 for some shit thats not even available when it takes their computers 20 seconds to tell me that. thats bull shit if you ask me

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
read their chargeback policy (they charge the customer)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
read their chargeback policy (they charge the customer)

you read wrong. A charge back protects the customer from fraudulent activity, not the opposite.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Besides, why would you read chargeback policy at registerfly...the policy is with whatever CC you used...

Its simple, call you CC company, if Registerfly does not refund. Its better for registerfly to do a refund, they dont get a chargeback fee imposed.

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the credit card is a check card that auto-debits my checking account, so if they dont refund i lose.

K

kingdon

If it was a regular credit card they wouldn't think twice to refund your purchase, because of the headaches you could cause them. But since it's a debit card purchase from you bank account, well they can pretty much do what they want, and you have no say. The best thing to do is put your facts together and e-mail their customer service dept, and then send them a snail mail letter. This will take you 15 minutes to do if you start right this second. Just do the work really quick now and don't procrastinate, what's done is done and I know it sucks, do what you can and move on, who moved my cheese.

Don

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kingdon
But since it's a debit card purchase from you bank account, well they can pretty much do what they want, and you have no say.
Don

Not true at all. If your card is debit, but bears the Visa or MC logo, you are protected, same as a CC...it will take longer though, as an investigation.

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they said they would refund my money- still havent gotten it back yet..............will update later.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why are you using Register Fly?

If I try to reg a name that isn't available my registrar just says tough you can't have it, and that's the end of the matter.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if they dont refund im turning them in at fraud.org (.org?) and the better business bureau........

You seem surprised that a nonprofit organization's site combatting fraud is at a .org domain... what did you expect?

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
still no refund- been 2 days now............will wait until tomorrow night.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still no refund- been 2 days now............will wait until tomorrow night.

Trent..you did not get screwed.

You cried scam, before you even gave registerfly a chance to respond!

Now they have responded, and said they would refund. Refunds can take up to 2 weeks to post back to your card.

Relax, this is not a scam. You tried to reg a name, becuase it said available on their site, so of course it took your money. It was an error, not a scam.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$20 for a registration. I think there are a few people on this board that would do it for less. Me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom