Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I leave DNF for a few years, come back, now everything on this forum is in German ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What gives ?

Did DNF get bought out by the Germans ?

Did the Allied powers get crushed by the Axis ?

Seriously, i don't get it

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ich denke, dass Sie verrückt sind :D

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Achtung! :)

Nope, still run by people of the Great White North. Maybe a setting somewhere has changed your settings to German?

Hmmmm

Is there a place in "settings" to change language from German to English ? I guess the default got altered while I was away.

Maybe Adam can chime in where I can change DNF back to english

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is everything is in German. I can't figure out where "general settings" are

I will try to fix tomorrow when I have time

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
being sent to Coventry is pretty bad.............
but clearly you've been sent to Berlin :smilewinkgrin:

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened to me once, I was able to reset it by logging out and logging back in after closing browser.

Follow the advice and change the third option from the bottom after going to this page: http://www.dnforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Let us know if you get it situated.

At first I thought this was in the humor section.
:lol:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed. Thanks for the help everybody.

So . . . what did I miss while I was away ?

Anything new to report ?

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed. Thanks for the help everybody.

So . . . what did I miss while I was away ?

Anything new to report ?

Welcome back LB!

Where to start is more like it. This is just a quick run down and hopefully acurate:

1. Halverez Snapnames insider bidding scandal

2. gtlds are coming. expect .xxx this summer? :D

3. PPC / Adsense revenue collapse. Google admits they are taking a larger revenue share effectively killing ppc parking as a means for monteization outside short term for registers etc..

4. Mini sites are on the way out with Google's help . Stronger develop is it with micro biz to full scale biz being the trends IMO.

5. Domaining.com is the quick industry read with many domain bloggers aggregated there.

These are the big things off the top of my head. Hope things have been good awhile from DNF!

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome back LB!

Where to start is more like it. This is just a quick run down and hopefully acurate:

1. Halverez Snapnames insider bidding scandal

2. gtlds are coming. expect .xxx this summer? :D

3. PPC / Adsense revenue collapse. Google admits they are taking a larger revenue share effectively killing ppc parking as a means for monteization outside short term for registers etc..

4. Mini sites are on the way out with Google's help . Stronger develop is it with micro biz to full scale biz being the trends IMO.

5. Domaining.com is the quick industry read with many domain bloggers aggregated there.

These are the big things off the top of my head. Hope things have been good awhile from DNF!

Thanks for the summary. Snapnames goosing the domain market. That is too funny. That explains some of the ridiculous prices back in 2007-2008. I just read some interesting articles on halvarez aka Nelson Brady. I was in Tanzania for 18 mos. so I have alot of catching up to do.

This industry is definitely going to go thru a shake out until the "convegence" of Internet and television into the Global Super Information Highway takes full root. Premium blue chip generic and descriptive .coms I expect will do quite well in the future.

Not too sure about this new gtld release. Seems like alot of hype. At least to me it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom