Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I love my DS Christmas present!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I funny looking tube arrived for me in the mail today...inside was a great Christmas present from DomainSponsor. So what was it, you ask?

A large world atlas with CCTLD country codes on it (as well as the country names and phone pre-fixes). What a great gift for a domainer. :yes:

Thanks DS - much appreciated :cool:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for mine then.. DS, hope you won't dissappoint me!!!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its only for VIP publishers...not saying you wont get one or anything, but I dont want every DS member to be expecting one and then be disapointed if it doesn't arrive...

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its only for VIP publishers...not saying you wont get one or anything, but I dont want every DS member to be expecting one and then be disapointed if it doesn't arrive...

I received one, when I'm still with DS in the old days. Though I don't consider my account as VIP.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I funny looking tube arrived for me in the mail today...inside was a great Christmas present from DomainSponsor. So what was it, you ask?

A large world atlas with CCTLD country codes on it (as well as the country names and phone pre-fixes). What a great gift for a domainer. :yes:

Thanks DS - much appreciated :cool:

Wow. What a great unexpected gift!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's this one, in large, laminated size & style:
http://visibone.com/countries/

It says on the note it was for DS VIP members...as I said though, just a wonderful holiday present from a great parking company.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice gift. I didn't get one, but happy for you, Dan!

DNP
Vancouver

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DS, I want it.. even if I am not a VIP!!! after all it's Christmas time.. nice to trat everyone as a VIP.. common!!!!!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I hear that real VIP publishers got citizen watches from DS:D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Last year, Sedo sent me a mercury switch light & clock "cube" which unfortunately never worked :(

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even SEDO's presents dont work properly.

getaddicted

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear... People getting gifts...

Im from india and i thaught they dont send anything.. but its wrong.. I got a nice greeting card from them... Last year also i got this and this year also...

It goood to get something :)

thank you DS.. Merry Christmas..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On the fist day of Christmas
my Sedo sent to me
One huge drop of PPC ...

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't the way things are going.

Rather than pulp, I shall be looking for transparency, service and above the best yields throughout the year.

Getting little gift at Christmas is going to set alarm bells ringing with me. Firstly, I guess if they are giving it to me I will have earnt it. Secondly, I would prefer to choose, how I spend my income.

I personally detest loyalty schemes of any kind. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hey, I give away free lunches all the time.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting little gift at Christmas is going to set alarm bells ringing with me. Firstly, I guess if they are giving it to me I will have earnt it. Secondly, I would prefer to choose, how I spend my income.

I personally detest loyalty schemes of any kind. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Well merry Christmas, scrooge. I disagree, loyalty schemes are driven by competition, not necessarily by an abundance of profits. You can spend money getting new customers or you can spend less money retaining existing customers.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That may be the case, but so often managements do the loyalty scheme thing, to avoid addressing the real issues, which are about providing better services on more financially competitive terms. Not only are loyalty schemes not good for Clients but they are not good for the organisations themselves, because it provides ample excuse to bury their heads in the sand, if they are not there already.

OK, this is the right at the bottom end of the scale, but the principles are the same as bribing to gain contracts to avoid doing what is needed to obtain them on a competitive basis.

I do agree with DS though giving a 100% rebate of their convention fees at Namefest. I admire that greatly. Perhaps it will make people sit up and wonder why they are paying huge fees to Traffics to attend marketing presentations from Sponsors who have already paid handsomely for the privilege of delivering them. And even then it not the fees that is the worst part of the whole deal. It might well be worth paying substantial amounts, for good solid information and analysis rather than utter BS.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DS does a fine job in most all regards. To hold it against them that they give clients a Christmas gift seems overly cynical to me. If they were a shitty company doing the same I would understand it more.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DS does a fine job in most all regards. To hold it against them that they give clients a Christmas gift seems overly cynical to me. If they were a shitty company doing the same I would understand it more.

Haven't had the pleasure as yet, but intend to road test them in the near future, once they are IDN compatible.

I don't doubt that they are excellent, but but recent experiences with SEDO suggest that we need to discard the packaging and take a firm look at the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators