Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I Love SEDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share that with you all.

I have but a meagre few domains with SEDO, and I tend to give them grief :-(

But when all is said and done they handle it well, cant say the same for my bank or telephone company.. not sure anymore if they are in Bangalore or Bristol.

I love em soo much I am going to go visit the SEDO plex.. kinda like Charlie winning that Golden Ticket.. but Im not taking Grandpa.. me and the missus are going to taste the delights of Germany....

Ah well.. Carry on people.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who are you, where did you come from? Your a spy from Sedo aren't you. lol.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol.....sorry, I had to blow your cover.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Love SHILLS :)

Sedo is still good in my books, I get my money as stated and my account hasn't been yanked yet. Of course this is the bare minimum one can expect from a company, to be paid for something you did as part of an agreement. Love is a bit strong of a word to have for any corporate entity in this day and age :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean it in the retorical sense of course LMAO.. we deal with companies every day and more often than not I am paying them for something.. its good when someone is actually paying you for a change.. they may get things wrong sometimes, but bottom line.. they are in this to make money and I accept that, they offer me a safe platform to park and sell my domains which would otherwise be doing nothing.. I really dont have to do much, I appreciate they have spent all the R&D costs, and have to cover building, server, staff costs etc.. and they are protecting their interests as we do with our domains..

Sometimes we should not look a gift horse in the mouth.. dont get me wrong I have had my fair share of fights with them, but thats all part of the game..

If people are not happy with SEDO then they should change providers, I have tried them all and each have their own flaws.. dont we all?

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with SEDO too.

(namestrands, PM'ed you a few days back - still says "unread")

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mine is a love/hate relationship just when things are ok i get an email saying i am paying for links, my knee jerk reaction was to transfer all names out but i am just going to tranfer the domain that got one view this month that is in question

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These type of emails are just like a C&D letter.. they are meant to get your attention.

best thing to do is transfer the name causing the problem and verify yourself where the traffic is coming from.. once you find out 9/10 you can see SEDO's point.. thats what I do now. Its fair on everyone and it lets me say "so there!" to sedo if they get it wrong and they put there hands up and say a very diplomatic "yes ok" :)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude are you high? lol

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've not put 1/10th of my portfolio on Sedo, but just the ones that were recently purchased and already pointed at Sedo. I have to say, the few (3-10) names I parked there are performing outstandingly well. I'm very pleased for this and hope they concentrate more on their parking program.

The only worry seems to be the weekend off or whatever other delay it is in getting back with accepting keywords.

Best wishes !

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ceo- i think the reason sedo does so well is our being able to input the keywords(after review) while most parking companies claim auto optimization works best it drives me crazy to see what they call relevant links, in some cases auto optimization does work better than us inputting key words but i think this is the exeception rather than the rule.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes fatter, I comepletely agree. My point was, a small delay in accepting kwds means big losses. A transfer from another PPC would mean 80-90% losses till the KWD was accepted. Hope it's clearer, though I know I've not put my best effort at it : )

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am very confident that after next week SEDO will be re-evaluating the way it operates. Perhaps some weekend workers would be good. Not sure how Ed would feel about working at weekend, especially with his Social Life ;-)

The German way, is the SEDO way at the moment.. which has up until now worked for them, but as I said.. lets see what happens

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ceo. If you want to move more names over and would like to make sure they're optimized properly before the weekend, just let me know when you do it (today or tomorrow) and I'll set the optimization hounds on your domains before the weekend!
Just to give you due warning - Sedo will be closed on Monday due to yet another German bank holiday. But don't worry, I will be taking time off from my girlfriend's parents to let all the suggestions and bid threads through... Pity poor Ed.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey, ed. I would love sedo too if you could do that for me as well.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
ceo. If you want to move more names over and would like to make sure they're optimized properly before the weekend, just let me know when you do it (today or tomorrow) and I'll set the optimization hounds on your domains before the weekend!
Just to give you due warning - Sedo will be closed on Monday due to yet another German bank holiday. But don't worry, I will be taking time off from my girlfriend's parents to let all the suggestions and bid threads through... Pity poor Ed.

Thanks, Ed.
Will not be doing this too soon, as we have a lot of our names at different places. But slowly and surely will like to check a few names and keep them parked with Sedo.
I will email you when I've put in the kwds, and then after things are done at your end, will move the names. This should surely save dollars. Thanks. Appreciate it !

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never had any problems with SEDO....hope it stays that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom