Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I must have a niche? OR diversifty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some domainers are torn between these 2. I guess the best is to just buy stuff that could really sell... Whats your say?

Domain summit 2024

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, start with what has been proven to sell-- the niches. Once you make enough niche website sales, then you can invest a small portion of that money in the more risky diverse field and experiment. If you read some of the stuff on the forum about selling to end users, you will understand that the fast money lies within niches, because more end users to contact means more potential sales. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well.. I am more into domain business not much time unfortunately for creating niche websites

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This question does not have a right answer. It's like asking if you should drink Coke or Pepsi, it's completely subjective.

Every domainer has a different strategy and each strategy - in most cases - has its own merits.

Personally, I buy domains when they are undervalued. I don't care about the niche at all. My strategy mirrors my personality, in that I like to skip, jump and hop from one thing to another. I've never been seriously interested in a single subject so buying domains within one vertical does not interest me.

However, if you have a wealth of knowledge on a single subject you may be better equipped to buy meaningful domains within that vertical.

So pick the strategy that interests you most..

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However, if you have a wealth of knowledge on a single subject you may be better equipped to buy meaningful domains within that vertical.

This has always been my preference. Not that there aren't exceptions, but the bulk of my domaining efforts are focused on the niche I already speak to in my primary businesses.

This way, I am not reinventing the wheel.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Diversify into many niches :cool:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Either approach can work.

If you see sales in a particular niche for your own domains in that area, then reinvest and expand in that niche.

But when you're starting out, don't put all your eggs in one basket. It's better to experiment with types of domains and subjects in order to test what can work for you. That DOESN'T mean buying domains in every single one of the new vanity extensions. It's safest to confine the majority of your domain purchases to extensions with a proven record of selling -- especially .COM.

If you decide you can launch a business online, then you will want to dominate that niche if doing so is affordable.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice marketing is where the money is. That's what makes online marketing such a powerful weapon in your arsenal. You can still diversify, though, by developing numerous niche websites!

robertsz

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In your opinions what are the top 5-10 niches to "get into" Do you attack the best pay per click niches, the highest traffic niches, or is that mostly one in the same?

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily.. I target what has potential... I think I will mostly stick to a blend between both.

Thanks all for the great insights shared here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators