Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I need help bad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is my site like this i went into Cpanel and didn't do anything.
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'allcock'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php on line 202

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php on line 202

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php on line 203

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php on line 216

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'allcock'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 652

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 652

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 654

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 920

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'allcock'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 1924

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 1924

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 1925

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/allcock/public_html/include/functions.php on line 1927

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "index.tpl" in /home/allcock/public_html/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "index.tpl" in /home/allcock/public_html/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you have on the site? Wordpress, Joomla, Forums (VBB, phpBB, etc.)?

It looks like the database isn't programmed properly. Check the local copy of your config file to make sure you have the name, password, server name, and host all correct (many times it is case sensitive, too!)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Check /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php on line 202

Apparently the database user/pass is missing or is incorrect.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
all i did was go in there and look and leave!

I am not sure what it is coded in i thjink a combo of sorts

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Ok i will check that

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Ok this is a learning experiment

I am at /home/allcock/public_html/include/settings.php but dont know what to do if i find line 202

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

So it is a .php file so what would i do with that how do i edit that?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pay a programmer, he will fix it in a sec. Btw, /home/allcock/public_html/ :D

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to connect to your site via an FTP program or use File Manager inside of cPanel and go to that file and edit it.

Either the info inside of settings.php is incorrect, or you haven't set the proper database permissions for the user inside of cPanel.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tetrapak! I actuall found it but didn't know what to do with the .php file?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Ohh! OK Thanks jdk

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem. If you need help you can PM me.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Acro is actually checking it out for me I was bold and Pm'd him lol, I hate being a newbie.. I had a gamesite before and managed that after about a yr and a half but not worth the hassles with that genre of webmastering.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem. He will get you fixed up. Hopefully he is sober this evening :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just send him a picture of yourself and he'll write about you on his site and call it even.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Should i have my Helmet on LOL...

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I literally got this site today and the guy was gonna show me some stuff but then it was like 2:00Am where he was and went to bed. He is from India.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

This is taking a while?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should upgrade your membership as well...as you can see it is worth it.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
After contacting the server support and them reapiring it i received this reply,

HEllo first, the backups are not the issue - we spent considerably time going through the backups and they showed no differences on the key files here (config.php in your main folder). Your issue appears to be purely that someone changed / updated your mysql username/password on the account this prevented your script(s) which had the old information encoded, from working.

To resolve this issue i put the 'root' password for mysql into your config.php and now www.ishowtime.org works.

This is not a server corruption, or server issue, in any way - nor in the end did I need to restore from your backup.

So i guess after trying to change the password that's what happened. Now how do i go about changing the password as the previous owner still has access to it i think.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should be contacting support at phpmelody(.)com. Andrew or Paul will help you fix this issue.

Note: Your website could be seized by U.S. government for copyright infringement. Maybe the previous owner received some notice and decided to sell it to the first sucker.

Spankybear

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks silentg, I contacted support and they thought i was the previous owner of the site and gave me a password so i sent another message and told him i am a new member. So hope he geats back to me soon. As far as the name goes I willwait and see if there is a problem before i do anything.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators