Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I need your help developing new drop catching software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dropmining

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All

After becoming dissatisfied with current domain dropping software services that provide data on expiring domains e.g. DropDay I have decided to develop a new service that betters the competitors.

I have most of the back-bone of the software developed but I would love to ask some users or potential users of dropping domains software about how they use it, what features they would like added, etc.

It would be a great help and hopefully add to the development of better software if you could answer the below questions:

1) What (if any) dropping domain software do you use?

2) Why did you choose this software over its competitors?

3) If a new service came along offering a similar service to your current software, what price would this new software have to be at to cause you to switch to the new software?

4) Do you take advantage or would you take advantage (at decent discounts) of annual, semi-annual or quarterly subscriptions as opposed to monthly subscriptions? Any other comments on ideal pricing?

5) If your software allows it do you used saved searches?

6) What data do you look at Alexa, PR, Keyword Search Volume, CPC, Competition, Age, or any other?

7) Do you recheck any of this data for its validity, for example do you recheck search volume data with another supplier? Would having exact match search volume, as opposed to broad (inaccurate) match search volume make a big difference to your decision to use my software?

8) Do you gather any other data that your current software doesn't supply before making a decision on whether to bid on a domain? Would you like to see future drop catching software provide any other data than current providers?

9) Would you like to see any other domain marketplace's auctions included?

10) Are there any other ideas, features, advice or comments you would like to make/see for my software?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions and hopefully I can take your advice onboard and make better software for all of us.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)

After becoming dissatisfied with current domain dropping software services I have decided to develop a new service that betters the competitors.
Which ones ? :)

I have most of the back-bone of the software developed but I would love to ask some users or potential users of dropping domains software about how they use it, what features they would like added, etc.
I assume you don't have registrar credentials so you are going to use a registrar API. You do realize the bottleneck is the registrar and the API limitations (capped queries, bandwidth throttling etc). Even domains with no backorders at the big three are tough to catch these days because Reberry isn't giving anybody a chance.
In my view there is little room for 'optimization' when you don't have a direct connection to the registry.
Have you already tested your software ?

dropmining

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Katherine

Thanks for replying, I am talking about DropDay, FreshDrop, etc. you wouldn't actually be able to register domains directly through the software, it merely gathers data on soon to be expiring domains.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. Not sure I would call that drop catching software then. Just say Expired domain software :)

Now I remember about a similar thread. Good luck :)

coccodrillo

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
which type of software do you have?
you have a registrar or use API system? If use API, which api registrar use?
Which type of domain names you want to register? Please reply with example.
Which percentage of success at moment do you have?

In the last months many domain names are been registered by NameBright or minimum others 50 registrars of NameBright and all assigned to Andrew Reberry. (Very Powerful)

Thank You.
Regards.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What was the service that is free, it is merely a list of everything that has dropped and in every extension. Then you could select stuff like animals, medical, mythology, etc. and so on. it was cool to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators