Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I Received An Odd Trademark Infringement Notice Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's this simple people, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." Unless the domain is/will making/make me a significant amount of money, I would just give it up and save the headaches. I'm not about to burn through $x,xxx+ fighting over a domain name, unless it is/will paying/pay for the fees involved with hiring a lawyer, etc....

With that being said. This is a real business and you take real losses, so just let the people have the name and move on, unless the name is worth the legal fees...

Anyway, if you are serious about domianing and this is not just a hobby or whatever, you should be putting money aside for things like this, say about 10% off every sell or whatever you are comfortable with... Anyhow goodluck..

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you so elegantly just proved, it can be much more expensive, painful and frustrating NOT to have professional representation when you do not know what you are doing.

Guys, I am not unsympathetic to being broke with big aspirations. We have all been there at one point or another. And believe me... I am the king of bootstrapping it when starting up companies.

The one point I am really trying to make here is that if you are not a lawyer, pretending to be one when facing someone else's lawyer over a conflict is a tremendously bad idea. You might as well just hand over the domain and save yourself the months of grief and depression.

If the domain is one you care about, find the resources to get a consult. Many lawyers will even give you a free initial meeting/action, then work with you on the rest.

You can follow this advice or ignore it. Makes no difference to me. It is part of my "hard won experience" that I spoke of earlier in the thread. Ignore it, and you just might be lucky enough to accelerate the gift of some of your own "hard won experience" ahead of schedule.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that a domainer prevaling at WIPO/NAF does not spell clear victory. IE, he can still get sued in civil court and they can attempt to steal his domain that way. And that's a sad thing.....o_O
Thanks for mentioning this because this is what nearly 99.99% of domainers fail to realize and utilize: Civil Court.

If I had an issue that required legal counsel, there is a great chance we would take the matter to civil court. A "panel's" decision is NOT the final end to end all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators