Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing." Who said this?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
why it was Rob Monster. Then he went on to ask? " why .ONLINE should attract speculative attention?" To which i said;

1. first, a domain extension is nothing more than a "zip code", some better than others
2. domains like Epik.com, Epik.online and Epik.vc can ALL take you to the same destination, OR EACH TO A DIFFERENT DESTINATION
3. 90% of really good .com's are already in use, parked or are so "overpriced" the "average end user" can't afford them
4. Millennials and GenXer's mostly shop ONLINE
5. Covid has introduced ONLINE SHOPPING to Baby Boomers and Seniors
6. Covid also finds my wife (a piano teacher) giving PianoLessons.Online Note, PianoLessons.Online is for sale at DAN for $1,000. Also note that I own 21 .ONLINE domains with the word NURSE like; AskaNurse.online, FindaNurse.online, NurseConsulting.online and VirtualNurse.online.

Rob....as you know I could go onandon.online (i just bought this domain for $1), then realized GD has onandon.com for sale for $194,888.

This just happened in real time Rob, and if this doesn't drive my point home, I doubt anything will.

These email exchanges occurred 60 days ago, and since I added another 150 .online domains the last of which is Truth.online.

I'm not looking to sell Truth.Online, but rather to monetize it by first bringing attention to the .online extension, and then develop an "out bound" marketing plan that will involve "end user" education where I've learned "end user's" have never heard of the relatively new extension, nor do they understand there is little to ZERO difference between Truth.com and Truth.online. Note, for any of you who gives a rats ass just go to Truth.com and see where it takes you.

Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I beg your pardon, but what is your POINT, here? Just ".online is a great extension and I like it" or something like that?
Or you would want Epik to have .online registrations at $1 or $2 like some registrars have? (Epik .online registrations are currently around $35.)

Or is the point something else? Or there isn't one?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I beg your pardon, but what is your POINT, here? Just ".online is a great extension and I like it" or something like that?
Or you would want Epik to have .online registrations at $1 or $2 like some registrars have? (Epik .online registrations are currently around $35.)

Or is the point something else? Or there isn't one?
the point is to stimulate and educate other domainers about the .ONLINE extension, and how I've discovered it's a great alternative to .com. To learn what I know you may have to attend DomainUniversity.online, Interested in learning more? You may want to ask me about my experience involving the domain Reservations.com vs. Reserations.online....where do you make your reservations....at the com store or online?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not, but you could maybe try to make it a little more CLEAR what point you're trying to make. Starting by a title which conveys it. For example: "I think .online is a great alternative to the always talked about .com" or "I like how the .online extension gives phrases making sense", or something like that.

you may have to attend DomainUniversity.online
Yeah, which isn't a working URL. But a domain for sale...

You may want to ask me about my experience involving the domain Reservations.com vs. Reserations.online
No I don't, as reservations.com is a real website allowing to make reservations. On the other hand, reservations.online isn't a working website either.

People know it is about something "online" when someone talks of a ".com"... But, by all means, keep blabbling about the online extension if you want. No offence.

Which one would you rather handreg (both are available):
MakingYourPointClear.com or MakingYourPointClear.online? ;)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Lol....."No Offe
Why not, but you could maybe try to make it a little more CLEAR what point you're trying to make. Starting by a title which conveys it. For example: "I think .online is a great alternative to the always talked about .com" or "I like how the .online extension gives phrases making sense", or something like that.

Yeah, which isn't a working URL. But a domain for sale...

No I don't, as reservations.com is a real website allowing to make reservations. On the other hand, reservations.online isn't a working website either.

People know it is about something "online" when someone talks of a ".com"... But, by all means, keep blabbling about the online extension if you want. No offence.

Which one would you rather handreg (both are available):
MakingYourPointClear.com or MakingYourPointClear.online? ;)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm lost.

Are you asking whether Epik will have a .online promo? I don't see how this quote attributed to Rob has anything to do with the color of the sky.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Lol....."No Offense".....btw, offense is spelled with an "s" and not a "c". The typical "domainer", not "end user", seem to be offended when I point out the FACT there's no technical difference between Reservations.com and Reservations.online. I also like to point out to potential "end users" that Go Daddy literally stole Reservations.online from me, then tried to sell it back to me for $500,000. This story is much like the FACT I happen to own the domain NamePros.online, and they're crying to me they'd like it back. Why?.....i'll let you try and figure that out☺ Finally, i'll share with you that over 90% of potential "end users" of .Online know the extension exists. Sure YOU do, but try asking a hundred "end users" if they do?
I see you've attempted to access some of the .online domains i suggested so here's another one; PlumbingSupplies.com.....you'll find it's in use selling plumbing supplies, YES ONLINE. It takes just a little common sense to see where, if I were to get into the plumbing supply business, PlumbingSupplies.Online would be the PERFECT domain for me.....not PlumbingSupplies.xyz or PlumbingSupplies.Golf......make sense☺

Enjoying your "blabbling" just as much I enjoy yours. I'm headed to the golf course, but by all means lets keep this dialogue going.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
The purpose of the quote by Rob Monster is twofold;

1. to give my discussion of the .Online extension a degree of CREDIBILITY

2. engage other domainers in conversation about .Online

It seems to be working.....thanks for your engagement☺

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see you've attempted to access some of the .online domains i suggested so here's another one; PlumbingSupplies.com.....you'll find it's in use selling plumbing supplies, YES ONLINE. It takes just a little common sense to see where, if I were to get into the plumbing supply business, PlumbingSupplies.Online would be the PERFECT domain for me.....not PlumbingSupplies.xyz or PlumbingSupplies.Golf......make sense☺

Enjoying your "blabbling" just as much I enjoy yours. I'm headed to the golf course, but by all means lets keep this dialogue going.

I didn't meant "blabbling" to be mean, but I've read quite a few times your ".online loving" posts. I still do remember the "GunSafety.online is better..." one (on the other forum where only Amplify and myself have our account restricted, allegedly. The joke because i saw that you are in this situation too). It even seems to me that's all I ever read from you ;) Now, why not. No problem with that.

Yeah, PlumbingSupplies.site or .website would be even better, as it is a site or website about plumbing supplies. Otherwise, you don't know where "online" ;)

.com stays the most recognizable extension by most people. There has been a "dotcom bubble". There wasn't any "dotonline bubble", or "dotonline" anything. And it's not "online", but "DOT online". But sure, it may be one of the best extension among the "new" gTLDs. ".site" isn't too bad either. .Online is 2 syllabes, one more than .com or .site. Twice the letters compared to .com.

Anyway, long story short, you love the online extension.

Is it no Offence or no offense?

Offence and offense are both correct. Offence is the spelling more commonly used outside of the United States. Offense is the spelling more commonly used in the United States.
Source: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/offence-offense/

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
ank you for agreeing with me that .online "may be one of the best extensions among the "new" gTLDs" The problem? You know it, i know it but NO ONE outside the domain world knows it.

Now that we agree, lets see how best we can share the good news with the outside world. You probably read my story about how "Go Daddy" literally stole the domain Reservations.online from me, then after my GD rep was able to get it back for me (for which i have a receipt) they then send me an email saying they'll sell it to me for $500,000. I'm guessing that Go Daddy must have felt it was worth 500K or they wouldn't have tried to sell it to me for that amount.

Like this thread where I quoted Rob Monster for the purpose of "credibility" for the extension .Online, it's with glee that I share the story about the CORRUPT nature of this industry using Go Daddy as an example.

I'm also able use the name Verisign, the .com monopoly as an example of how corrupt the secondary market of the entire domain industry truly is.....this is one of the reasons why I own Truth.online. Please note that's just "one" of the reasons I plan to develop "Truth Online".

Thanks again!
I didn't meant "blabbling" to be mean, but I've read quite a few times your ".online loving" posts. I still do remember the "GunSafety.online is better..." one (on the other forum where only Amplify and myself have our account restricted, allegedly. The joke because i saw that you are in this situation too). It even seems to me that's all I ever read from you ;) Now, why not. No problem with that.

Yeah, PlumbingSupplies.site or .website would be even better, as it is a site or website about plumbing supplies. Otherwise, you don't know where "online" ;)

.com stays the most recognizable extension by most people. There has been a "dotcom bubble". There wasn't any "dotonline bubble", or "dotonline" anything. And it's not "online", but "DOT online". But sure, it may be one of the best extension among the "new" gTLDs. ".site" isn't too bad either. .Online is 2 syllabes, one more than .com or .site. Twice the letters compared to .com.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know it, i know it but NO ONE outside the domain world knows it.
It's your job as an investor to make people see equal value in it.
Like this thread where I quoted Rob Monster for the purpose of "credibility" for the extension
I get it now. It just didn't come off to me like that at first, but that could've been on me. Good luck with it!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. to give my discussion of the .Online extension a degree of CREDIBILITY
Hi

usage of a domain extension gives it credibility, not the words of an individual

as is .online is redundant

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as is .online is redundant
Kind of reminds me of .web. But, ...
usage of a domain extension gives it credibility
if somehow the registry can market it and get it out wider, who knows?

It's really up to the individual who in heavily invested in these names to go out and earn its recognition so that they have a portfolio of gold and not of bronze.

Just having Rob affirm it's worth pursuing is not enough. There needs to be a good number of investors behind it. Remember, Rob's main goal is to make money for Epik and if he can do so by pushing .online, he's done his job. Now, if in the process it sparks something with .online, we will only see. After the fact, it's kind of measurable with drops and reported sales.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
ank you for agreeing with me that .online "may be one of the best extensions among the "new" gTLDs" The problem? You know it, i know it but NO ONE outside the domain world knows it.

Now that we agree, lets see how best we can share the good news with the outside world. You probably read my story about how "Go Daddy" literally stole the domain Reservations.online from me, then after my GD rep was able to get it back for me (for which i have a receipt) they then send me an email saying they'll sell it to me for $500,000. I'm guessing that Go Daddy must have felt it was worth 500K or they wouldn't have tried to sell it to me for that amount.

Like this thread where I quoted Rob Monster for the purpose of "credibility" for the extension .Online, it's with glee that I share the story about the CORRUPT nature of this industry using Go Daddy as an example.

I'm also able use the name Verisign, the .com monopoly as an example of how corrupt the secondary market of the entire domain industry truly is.....this is one of the reasons why I own Truth.online. Please note that's just "one" of the reasons I plan to develop "Truth Online".

Thanks again!

Kind of reminds me of .web. But, ...

if somehow the registry can market it and get it out wider, who knows?

It's really up to the individual who in heavily invested in these names to go out and earn its recognition so that they have a portfolio of gold and not of bronze.

Just having Rob affirm it's worth pursuing is not enough. There needs to be a good number of investors behind it. Remember, Rob's main goal is to make money for Epik and if he can do so by pushing .online, he's done his job. Now, if in the process it sparks something with .online, we will only see. After the fact, it's kind of measurable with drops and reported sales.
I have a total of about $5,000 invested in my 4,300 .online domains. "If" they were .com's, according to Go Daddy's valuation tool they'd be worth over 24 Million dollars (this is a FACT).

I've not purchased a single .Online domain from Epik, nor do I currently intend to. Rob's affirmation was as much his personal opinion, friend to friend, as it was his biased (we're all bias) business opinion.

Finally, none of the potential "end users" I've interviewed see .Online as being redundant, especially when you use it like; ViewHomes.Online or BankDirect.Online. Amplify....it matters not what you think, but what the "end user" thinks. This is why I'm interested in attracting investors to share the Truth.Online or said another way, the TruthAbout.online.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators