Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Investing In Quality Org Domains?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here invest in high quality ORG domains? I'm talking generic words and phrases.

What do you look for? Do you usually drop catch domains or buy them from others? What's the interest compared to net and com domains?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Generic .org words and phrases don't seem to hold much resale value...unless they actually fit the extension well. Things that would be useful for organizations, non-profits, trade groups, etc. For cheap entry into .org, LLLL domains are reasonable and hold a lot of upside potential.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice or tips?

Hi

here's some advice and please don't take it personally.

in general, domainers don't want to give-up their investment secrets, especially in extensions other than .com

however, answers to your questions can be found, by simply "reading" sales reports, threads, etc. of .org domains.

still, "quality" eludes some, mainly because it's a vague term for domain names, without a distinct application.

If you can read between lines, then you just got a tip.

Good Luck!

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For cheap entry into .org, LLLL domains are reasonable and hold a lot of upside potential.

Really? I've never seen them publicly listed for much money or that many sales.

If you can read between lines, then you just got a tip.

Thanks for the advice Biggie. I'll do some digging here on and other domain forums.

A lot of people that can't get a com are more interested in ORGs from what I've seen. Even if they don't sell for as much they seem easier to sell.

Last edited:

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not all sales are public. Go to Namebio.com though and you still see plenty of XXX-XXXX sales. If you think you are going to just start hand regging .orgs or even buying them in the aftermarket and selling them for 5 or 6 figures, you have a lot more reading to do. The .org market is healthy and I much prefer it to .net, but the sweet spot is mid XXX to low X,XXX.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about parking revenue? Do you earn anything or that much with LLLL.org domains?

I have a few dictionary words that get traffic but do not earn revenue.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some LLLL.org have a little traffic and revenue, but most don't earn much.

DomainVP

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stay away from .ORG's. There are some value in the resale of certain keywords, however in general if it's not a .com then I'm not interested.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators