Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is hotmail/MSN/Yahoo eamil safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptez

Just wonder is it safe to use hotmail / msn email / Yahoo email ?

It seems that some guy can get your email, and then transfer your domain illegally out?

How could they do that?

Domain Summit 2024

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hotmail and Yahoo are used mainly by cheaters, kids, spammers and adulterers. I've never yet had a useful mail item from one of their addresses so I've put the lot on deny receipt. There have been several threads about registering expired hotmail accounts to hijack domains.

Safest thing is to use one of your domains for an admin addy - looks more professional as well.

P

ptez

.....registering expired hotmail accounts to hijack domains.

But how could a hotmail account get expired?
Sorry, but I don't know there is a rule about that.

What kind of condition will make the acocunt expired?

M

mole

Originally posted by DomainPairs
Hotmail and Yahoo are used mainly by cheaters, kids, spammers and adulterers.

hahahhaha... yup, the reputation of Hotmail and Yahoo were ruined by spammers.

It's definitely not safe to use free email for domain registration purposes.

Get a domain and grade-A hosting specifically for this.

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainPairs
There have been several threads about registering expired hotmail accounts to hijack domains.
Safest thing is to use one of your domains for an admin addy - looks more professional as well.
Yes, I know of a PREMIUM domain with an expired hotmail account as admin info...

M

mole

Originally posted by ptez
But how could a hotmail account get expired?
Sorry, but I don't know there is a rule about that.

What kind of condition will make the acocunt expired?

Hotmail's policy is that if you don't log in at least once in 30 days, your account will/could/should be terminated.

That's way too risky.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apart expired accounts, I heard in an hacking newsgroup that it's very easy retrieving passwords for any yahoo active account but impossible doing the same for an hotmail account.
Apart this, as correctly told, hotmail accounts can expire ... The best thing to do is opening an email on your main domain to use permanently as administrative contact ...

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, let me just say this: "somebody" gained control of "somebodies" exgfs hotmail account with no problem, and "somebody" aint no hacker :D She still doesnt know that this "somebody" can read her emails whenever "he" wants :D

M

mole

Originally posted by domainAddict
She still doesnt know that this "somebody" can read her emails whenever "he" wants :D

hahahahaa, reminds me of the news report recently about the Japanese discovering a fish that could change sex depending on circumstances :D

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very, very bad news so no account is safe :(
I'm seriously worried now ...

M

mole

Originally posted by DomainEmpire.com
Very, very bad news so no account is safe :(
I'm seriously worried now ...

:confused:

Aiyayaaaaa...There are of course calculated ways to thwart thiefs. Its really a question of how serious and conscientious you are with security measures. Most "normal" people who register domains don't know and don't care to know about the best practices to protect a domain. But domainers understand the tricks, so no big shakes imo :)

For those who have not been following the plot, for example, the new extensions .info and .biz transfers now require a cryptic "authorisation code". To some, that may seem like "so what?" But to domain thiefs, its just got 100 steps harder to hijack a domain. .com's security infrastructure needs a major rehaul in today's world. The heavy baggage and legacy of .com, is unfortunately, it's greatest Archilles heel as the new generation gTLDs leap-frog with the grace of ballerinas.

:weird:

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mole :D U got the point.. :D

Anyway, theres still registrar lock option that helps a lot.

Delilah

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Use your own domains mail and one day your cheap hosting campaign decides to hicajk your 10.000$ domain instead of your monthly 5 bucks!

:)

Your hosting companies can easily control your mails!

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Most fish can change sex to keep the population mix stable. This ability is exploited by fish farmers who feed fish hormones. Male hormones first so that the fist grow faster, then female hormones because females are tastier :D There have been reports of men developing breasts after a regular diet of farmed trout. They do it to chickens as well!

I understand that there is a method of indicating to hotmail that you have forgotten you password. They then provide you with a method of accessing your account so that you can change it. I haven't tried this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom