Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is snapback a load of crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

I saw Booklet.com go on hold the 4th of November, and I put a snap on it. The who-is record was for some guy in Germany, and there was no trademark. Now it's shown as owned by some guy in Texas with the originating date as 10-16-02 How is this possible, what is the point of snapback???

Don

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good valid point..

Did you write Snap about that?

I would encourage you to write them,

let us know what you find out.

Q

qak

I'm 0-5 with SnapNames. :( When I emailed support they replied:

"While SnapNames offers your best chance to acquire the name you want,and also offer a higher rate of success than any other service, we can'tabsolutely guarantee acquisition of a domain name. Please refer to our terms and conditions for details."

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hee-hee.. okay.. so you mean
SnapTrap.com
or
SnapCrap.com

?? just having some fun here..

i've never been a cheerleader for SnapServices..

K

kingdon

I only tried this service on 4 different names, that's right I paid 4 times for 4 different snapbacks and nothing so far. I only used them but that's because I saw so many raving reviews, I thought their service was the greatest on the net. Now I feel like I've been taken. Now I have 4 useless accounts.

Don

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just transfer other names to your accounts.

Losing out on four names is nothing. I've had Snaps on many
names - probably 50 or 60 - some for two years - and lost out.

The system sucks, and don't expect it to get any better.

Snap works great for "good" names, just don't expect to grab
a "great" name.

K

kingdon

I guess the great names are only grabbed by the big boys. And until I learn to write my own super slick program to trick the system to throw them my way. I will continue to sit here looking at these $10K domains that are just dropping into the hands of these fat cats. SnapNames.com = Hopes and Dreams.

Don

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had success with Snapnames. One name I got with them I sold for $12k. They missed a couple, but so far they've been very good. The more success I have with them, the more I support them by purchasing more snaps. I just hope I continue to good with them :D

RMF

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know for others, for me Snapnames sucks! I paid $400+ in the last 6 months and got NOTHING :upset:. Snapnames is not worth $69 IMO, now I only consider them when there's a $49 promotion.

They are really outstanding to get you pay for a "chance", while most other services charge only when you get the name.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just want to add that with the $400 I spent on Snapnames, I could actually buy a decent domain! Now I'm still waiting for my dream to come true.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is a good service, but there's no way they can be successful at grabbing high-profile names even 15% of the time. Snapnames is one tool to add to your arsenal. If you want to be successful at grabbing great names, use multiple services - the more the better. Don't fault snapnames if they get beat, it happens. Just move your snap to a different name, and hope for the best. There's a lot of competition in this game these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators