Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

it's just wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
"Time is Money" does not mean "Time = Money" as in "Patience = Money", but as in "Hurry Up = Money"
LOL! Or Time = Patience but Time ¹ Hurry Up? So ... take ... your ... time. :D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the caveats are understood, but TIME completely = MONEY, given the right conditions. IS to me is the same as =. You could twist it up, but its all semantics. Every second of every day, billions of dollars changes hands. Currency rates plunge, stocks spike, bills roll in, and wills move ever closer towards execution day. Selling your stock the day before bad news hits can turn your fortune. The closing seconds of trading day can be the death of someone with a weak heart. Whether you have patience or not, the money is moving, time is THE factor, and we're all trying desperately to position ourselves on the receiving end until the day we die. :wink:

~ Nexus

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainowner said:
I use whois.sc. last time I checked was 3 days after they were registered by both companies. I remember it was 3 because I was PISSED OFF that they got them 3 days before they actually expired.
I still stand by what I said, as well as what Nexus said:
Nexus said:
You can calculate the EXACT drop date when a domain name is in RGP or PENDING DELETE. There's NO way to get around having to "catch" the name on the official drop day. You were more than likely looking at something wrong.
I have never seen an exception to this rule. If something strange ever does happen, you can be sure people around here would talk about it.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
You should especially stay away from THE (as in "TheWholesale") as those are pretty much worthless to anyone, but the most naive.

As I have said before and I will say it again, a domain is worth the exact equivalent of what a buyer is willing to pay for that domain. I have personally sold a "THE(Something)" domain for more than $15K. :wink:

Joe

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainowner said:
I watched those domains for over a month while they where in redemption period waiting to expire. I think Jan 22 was the last time I looked and they were still in redemtion/waiting deletion.
Domainowner, did you ever consider redeeming them during what is referred to as REDEMPTION period? I believe that to give former domain owners a chance to re-register their names is why the 45ish day waiting period was instituted.

Webcat

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joe said:
As I have said before and I will say it again, a domain is worth the exact equivalent of what a buyer is willing to pay for that domain. I have personally sold a "THE(Something)" domain for more than $15K. :wink:
To be more accurate, a domain is worth what BUYERS (plural) are willing to pay AND (NOT "OR") what THE seller (yes, singular) is willing to sell. Hey, that's demand and supply, isn't it? :wink:

Personally, I never like those the_whatever names and think they are silly; but the truth is there are ENOUGH silly people around, so there's always a market for them. :)

GodivaGirl

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HI, im new around here and im not nearly as educated as you guys, but, I had something like that happen to me a while back. And my domain ended up in a resellers hand. :'( (at least i think it was) Oh well. domainname- could it have been the site that it was hosting through let it go early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom