Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Justify.com - Registered In 1996

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

dean

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I own justify.com and would like your opinion on the value.

I picked up this domain in 1996 and owned it since.

This is a great domain for "legal" or "justify a purchase" topic.

Thank you!
-Dean

Domain summit 2024

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a recognizable one word domain, but I don't see many commercial uses. It could be a brandable, but the definition of the word works against it. If you search in Google there are zero paid ads, and almost every result on first page of results is a dictionary. Nobody is really using the word for anything. Maybe low four figures ($1,500-$2,500).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If the Castellos can ask for $30 million per piece, this too can be sold for considerably more than "low four figures." I'd say $30k - $40k as a starting, base price below which you'd not even blink

EM

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
high $xx,xxx

Create a web site for women to "Justify" what they did to their husbands to make them suffer for years.
I am sure you will get the traffic and will lead to revenue - A million is not out of the question.
They are already suffering :)

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems that if .com is king, it should ultimately justify a six figure sale. Perhaps using it as a price comparison site to "justify your purchase" might be a good commercial use either for you or a buyer or even something like an appraisal service of some kind (justify your investment). If you don't need to sell, don't take less than an offer you can, uhm, justify.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the Castellos can ask for $30 million per piece, this too can be sold for considerably more than "low four figures." I'd say $30k - $40k as a starting, base price below which you'd not even blink

$30-40k based on what? Anyone can pick a number out of the air. Synagogue.com just sold on Namejet for $6.5k. That one has a defined use for a large global population. But I guess Justify.com is worth 6X that.

TravisS

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$30-40k based on what? Anyone can pick a number out of the air. Synagogue.com just sold on Namejet for $6.5k. That one has a defined use for a large global population. But I guess Justify.com is worth 6X that.

you're saying synagogue.com has more commercial value than justify.com? lol. A domain that's defined to a market that has no money isn't worth any money. I guess it's easy to to pick numbers out of the air that are grossly low.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you're saying synagogue.com has more commercial value than justify.com? lol. A domain that's defined to a market that has no money isn't worth any money. I guess it's easy to to pick numbers out of the air that are grossly low.

Hmmm, so the Jewish market spends no money? I suppose Church.com is worthless too. Church.com is parked with DNS and the owner doesn't even have a For Sale notice up because he's probably making a killing with parking. No point in replying further since you are talking out of your ass.

OP - I hope you sell it for $100k. But you've owned it for 18 years, has a valid offer been made in 18 years that is close to $40k (rhetorical question) so really you'd know best what's it worth based on any true offers you've received in almost 20 years.

TravisS

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose I am talking out of my ass, because I'd like to think I'm shitting all over you :rolleyes:. I don't care what the owner of church.com is doing. I really don't see how that's even relevant. I'm not saying he's going or should expect to sell it at 40k..first off, he was being sarcastic w/ the valuation of 40k (at least from what I took from it :confused:, and you didn't )...your right, bowing out of this :cool:

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,

OP just asked for an appraisal and we all know it's just an estimate what it can be sold.
No one know the price for sure until there is an agreement between the seller and buyer.
There is no need to fight!
Relax
Enjoy
Repeat

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would also say low 4-figures.

dean

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great input everyone. Really appreciate it.
-Dean V

dean

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="barrysanders, post: If you search in Google there are zero paid ads, and almost every result on first page of results is a dictionary. Nobody is really using the word for anything.[/QUOTE]

I entered in some popular words no ads showed up for "Money" and also "Sharepoint" so I'm not convinced that "Justify" is not a much wanted word. In fact, the owner of the justify brand would have a greater opportunity for search placement because no other companies are using a similar word.

Thoughts?

-DeanV

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few companies using "Justify" within their brand names. That's your best shot imo..... But, either way, nice name.... $x,xxx all day long...

BuzzNames

Big domains and websites
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Between 150.000 $ and 300.000 $ (posible 500.000 for proper buyer)

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, a domain like Justify.com doesn't have a single appropriate price or range.

It depends on your time frame, your venue, and your luck.

Is high $xx,xxx possible? Well, sure. But that's out of your control. Some project with a big budget will need to decide that Justify.com is their perfect brand name. This may happen tomorrow, or it may never happen.

Without such a buyer, I'd expect a lower price range.

If you're prepared to wait 5+ years, then we can quote you price range A.
But if you're looking to sell during the next 12 months, price rang A will be completely inappropriate.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators