Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal ktd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok, so who was the thief, smurf?

We won't know until the owner proceeds with legal action against the perpetrators. However, smurf's role was a catalyst both in selling the stolen property and covering up the thief's trails.

sitebuyer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's an update for you guys. Very odd end to it by the way.

I ended up emailing the seller (thief) and just asked him to turn over the email he hijacked to the original owner, so 'we' could gain control of the registrar. He agreed with an apology for the trouble he'd caused.

I had the original owner set up a new registration account with the same email, address and name as the thief's account where it had come from and I then pushed it back. So now the original owner has the domain and I'll be refunded my money (less the $170 Escrow fee, well worth it).

As of yet, we don't know who the thief was, but my money's on smurf. If/when the owner does file a report against the thief, Escrow.com has their details on file. Though I was not told the thief's exact location, I WAS assured that they are in a location that makes them prosecutable.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Highly commendable of you, Sitebuyer, to take the $170 hit. The aggravation and time spent on one's lost domain is priceless. Hopefully there will be some litigation on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators