Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Lambeth Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm fuming.

Lambeth Council in London have set their bailiffs on my wife for Poll Tax they incorrectly say she did not pay - 11 years ago!

I found that www.lambethcouncil.com is available and I bought it yesterday - I expect it to go live on Monday. The contents of what I am going to publish can be seen here in the meantime: http://www.revs.org/lambeth/

Here's my question: just how badly do you think they can react over the domain name I have registered, given the use I am going to put it to?

I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Matt

Domain Summit 2024

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The worst that will happen is they goto :

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/

and you will have to pay fees........

As for the poll tax :

www.lambeth.gov.uk

Arrears

The Council is legally obliged to collect all outstanding Council Tax and the arrears through the use of all the available methods of recovery. Non-payment will lead to a Court Summons where a Liability Order may be granted. This can lead to an attachment of Earnings Order, or other statutory methods of recovery including the use of bailiffs. Ultimately the Government has given the Magistrates the power of committal to prison.

Try your local mp or appeal

goodluck

:(

P

President Gringo

after 11 years? Damn!!!!!!!!! Surely theres a time frame they can go after you for? Inland Revenue can go back 6 years, don't see why this should be any different as who would keep proof of payment after that amount of time? Not even the banks hold info for that long.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To say the early nineties are a bit of a blur for me is an all time understatement :dead:

I got in touch with our MP this morning and thankfully I have heard this evening that he is backing our case.

This whole month has been horrible for our family, with one thing or another, but this weekend was just unbelievable. My wife got out of hospital (appendix removed) 2 days before Lambeth Council's bailiffs served their court order and it was the straw that broke the camel's back, quite frankly.

www.lambethcouncil.com is going to stay up for as long as I can keep it there.

P

President Gringo

want me to mention your site on a forim i visit? SHould get you some hits :)

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fight the man!

>The worst that will happen is they goto :
>http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/
>and you will have to pay fees........

And what fees are those, pray tell?

Seek out other people that have been screwed by Lambeth Council, and put THEIR stories up one the site as well.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a noncommercial protest site be better off in a .org, .info, .org.uk, etc. domain, not a .com?

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are zillions (I counted them) of non-commercial websites occupying .com addresses. I don't see why my site should be shuffled off into the .org wastelands.

Didn't you know that .com is an abbreviation of .complain? :)

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...so you'd rather join all the lemmings and adopt an inappropriately commercial address because everybody else is.

"Mommy, all my friends are jumping off cliffs... can I?"

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by revsorg
Yes please PG - I would love that.

K, posted it. Forum has 20,000+ members so you should get a few hits :)

Good luck.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please see :: Lemmings falacy

Also please see ::
lemming.jpg

P

President Gringo

you think the tories will be any better? They are all the same. They won't reduce or get rid of any of the existing taxes.

We need a new party with some new blood and new ideas. They keep raising taxes to pay for things when they should be looking at becoming more efficient. The wastage at local government level is a disgrace, and i am sure they could run it at 20% less than they are now.

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The website has been live for 3 days - do a search on Google for "lambeth council" - BINGO! - I come 5th, or 7th depending on how you count the results.

P

President Gringo

i did a search on google and you were not on the first 2 pages

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Click the word BINGO! in my previous post. Also if you search for 'lambeth council complaint' my site comes up in first place.

There are numerous reasons why you would see a different set of results on Google to the ones I am seeing, that they discuss endlessly on the Google forum at Webmaster World. Personally I think this forum is more fun though :cool:

revsorg

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My site got an awesome listing in Yahoo! HERE - someone at Yahoo obviously saw the merit of the case... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom