Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Long or Short Domain Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumbum

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEO is only on websites ...
You are mixing up domains with websites.
Don't worry: Most domainers do.
I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong about this. We have worked with hundreds of websites through the years and have tested the keywords in the domains as opposed to the keywords not being in the domains. When the keywords are in the domain name, it significantly increases your chances of showing up high on the serps, therefore leaving your seo (search engine optimization) improved for your overall domain/website.

Domain Summit 2024

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
domain get NO TRAFFIC usually if they're not keywords

not without a ton of money going into SEM

so you get keywords, you get traffic cheaply and easily

you try to make a non keyword get traffic, you missed the whole point

a 'business' needs keywords or their competition will eat them alive when their competitors are all over google with keywords

and since most companies in the USA are 'small businesses' many many tens of millions of them, compared to a small amount of 'big businesses' the only worthwhile domain name for them is theirkeyword.com

I have owners all time come to that realization in a short time, once they work with my company

they all realize, wow MY NAME IS WORTH NOTHING huh

yep, joe blow lawyer .com can't even break the ppc rotation at google for dui lawyer

whereas subdomain.duikeyword.tld gets top of rotation instantly

so you want to get on a soap box and say a business name is worth anything today

it's not

ZERO

and all my clients know that

since none spend one cent pushing their name

all they buy ppc for is my keywords

why

google respects my keywords

they yawn at everything but keywords

now if you're ibm buying computer keywords, maybe it means something to google

but abccompany.com trying to buy KEYWORD, it means NOTHING to google

and google determines the value of names

if the name gets google to push it organic, with maps and move it to the head of the line, it has value

a short name or whatever means NOTHING to google

ZERO

so what gets traffic for a company

a keyword domain

period

nothing else

keywords are best

that's the only logical conclusion anyone can deduce from it all

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong about this. We have worked with hundreds of websites through the years and have tested the keywords in the domains as opposed to the keywords not being in the domains. When the keywords are in the domain name, it significantly increases your chances of showing up high on the serps, therefore leaving your seo (search engine optimization) improved for your overall domain/website.

Wrong about what?
1. I did not say it is never useful to have keywords in a domain. I am not questioning the importance of keywords in domains. My domains appear usually in Top 3 SERP on Google, so I know how things work.
2. I said it is the domain buyer who decides about what is the reason he/she buys a domain. A number of people believe that certain domain characteristics are always important, but that is just their opinion. People buy things for their own reasons, not for Yours.
2. Web content can be Search Engine Optimized - Domains can't. Without a web page for it, a domain cannot be indexed in a search engine. Unless You see a dummy page from the registrar.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NO ONE uses YP anymore NO ONE
most of my clients in fact end up canceling their YP after a year with me
YP was pre net advertising
It's DEAD
if YP worked anymore, then why do all my clients universally agree
NO ONE FINDS THEM NOW ON YP
google maps is the action for a local company
and exact match keywords RULE it

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Wrong about what?
1. I did not say it is never useful to have keywords in a domain. I am not questioning the importance of keywords in domains. My domains appear usually in Top 3 SERP on Google, so I know how things work.
2. I said it is the domain buyer who decides about what is the reason he/she buys a domain. A number of people believe that certain domain characteristics are always important, but that is just their opinion. People buy things for their own reasons, not for Yours.
2. Web content can be Search Engine Optimized - Domains can't. Without a web page for it, a domain cannot be indexed in a search engine. Unless You see a dummy page from the registrar.

for someone claiming to be on the net since 1993 that knows how it works

LOL

if you need a website to be indexed

how come I have a bunch of sites WITH BLANK PAGES on page one of google?

LOL

I love 'experts'

they make me laugh all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom