Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Looking for driven domainers with PHP/MYSQL proficiency for help in mutually benefi..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I drew up a plan to bring in multiple partners to scour domain lists together using my utility with a built in comment system so we can collaborate to grab domains for cheap.

Sorry, all of the following is complete stream of thought, I got hit with a little wave of inspiration and didn’t want to miss on any points.

Using expired domain registrars such as NameJet, SnapNames, Pool, and GoDaddy to parse their lists of daily expiring domain names for quality, easily-branded sites. Good for niche building as well.

Why open the door to others?
1) My coding needs work. It does the job for me, but this thing needs to work for the world.
2) The application just sits there unused and after a couple years now I’ve yet to see any web services that offer this style of domain list parsing.
3) I have a lot of ideas but my areas of expertise limit me when it comes to hammering out the intricacies of other aspects of subscription-based web application development.

Mass bidding on a specific domain of little or no interest letter-wise, but significant traffic/statistics/inlinks.

The mass bidding will deter potential small-time bidders from placing their bids. At that point we can race the bid up to a set value to scare off the competition.

It costs you absolutely nothing to place you bid on a domain. You are only liable for the purchase if the expiration date is reached and you are the sole bidder.

The stats don't lie. Traffic=money--however you want to use it. Its your business how gray you want to go with your approach. Personally I'd rather go the legal route, buy domain names that are very brandable at a very low price, either for personal development or just to house and resell.

I prefer that occasional diamond in the rough no one bids on. You know, the weird domain name which might just be a combination of letters that don't make much sense. Everyone overlooked it browsing the lists that has a killer alexa rank that isnt spoofed.

So you've snagged a $70 cash cow. Even with only adwords running on a site that gets a thousand hits a day, you can expect big money in return.

I'd like to assemble a network of entrepreneurial developers who, optimally, work in an office environment in a design or development position or have significant php/mysql experience. And you must be able to affectively give feedback on or improve upon the performance of the product before it goes out for sale.

When the application is available for either sale or subscription you'll be getting back whatever percentage of work you put into making it happen. I've already laid out the ground work and have a working prototype in place for personal use.

Right now my utility will automatically curl namejet's available lists of domain names and parse out all the domains within the text with accurate regex statements using wordnet (please research before inquiring). Each domain off the parsed domain list is then checked to see if its a dictionary word, or combination of dictionary words through the wordnet database.

After scouring the list with your chosen configuration options, the list of expired domains from namejet (or snapnames, pool, godaddy, etc w/ manual uploading) available on that particular day will be returned back to you.

This list is then downloadable as text for you to look over with your eyes in a text editor of your choice. Or my application lets you take it a step further. You're able to then click check statistics on the list of expired domains. Do they have traffic? Alexa is queried. It also checks Google PR and age of the domain (extracted from curled dwhois information from unmetered and easily changed whois gate).

After a long time (the ajax for this was written 2 years ago, before jquery swept over the javascript development scene. I'd like to re-do this part of the interface to make it much more user friendly, less taxing on the browser, and obviously faster.

You should only run about 800 domains at a time or google will eventually block the PR check for a couple hours.

In any event, you are left with an option to export the list of domains names into a much more user friendly, tabular, sortable spreadsheet-like document. From that filtration process you've significantly narrowed the time it takes to find good domains amidst all the muck out there.

I'd like to get some brains together on this--seeing as it is somewhat of an untapped arena. Even if it is as simple as a couple of guys idling in an irc chat randomly pasting potential buys to other chat participants who might have sites involved in that domains particular niche.

I once had a site where I was selling these lists for 2 dollars a pop, it would get a few buys a day. And this was when it was only using NameJet. Imagine if pool, snapnames, namejet, and godaddy were all incorporated into the product with configuration allowances for looser or more stringent filtration.

This is why there is not much doubt in my mind that a subscription-based service for this, where the parser runs once or twice a day on cron, would be very successful. It could easily become a "must-have" resource for domainers if enough TLC was put into it.

I've pitched the dream, its up to you now. Help me get this app over the hump, polished off, and let the marketing begin. Just a couple dedicated hours a day is all I ask.

Let me know your take on this or spare me the heartache and inform me of a service that already does this and better. I think the secret ingredient to my special sauce here is wordnet. Even the official wordnet forum has minimal activity at best, because it is such an advanced and untapped lexical resource.

So please, if I've at all sparked your interest, contact me via email at [email protected].
Or contact me on instant messenger at atowers1.

Here are a couple of screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators