Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Michigan Domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone2020

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any Michigan Domainers out there? I'm on the west side of the state.

Domain summit 2024

.h2o.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm from Sterling Heights :)

arjeel

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am near Rochester, MI

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved to AZ last year from Auburn Hills, MI

Last edited:

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do more than contemplate! A friend of mine is a network engineer in MI and has applied to 200 positions since being laid off.... not ONE response. Yet we actually saw a decline in unemployment this past month in AZ.

I was going to develop EmpowerMichigan.com to be a more forward thinking version of it's .org counterpart, hoping to encourage Michigan consumers to buy Michigan products but I couldn't get anyone there on board! I contacted the Oakland County Executives office (L. Brooks Patterson) and local business leaders and didn't get the time of day. It seems that such a high percentage of Michiganders (especially in the Detroit Metro) are in this depressed funk. I don't blame any of them, I was one of them and for the sake of my friends and family there, I still hope that a turn around is in the cards.

Wow sorry for the book, guess I had some stuff to say!

FreakinGuy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ann Arbor domaineer newbie here...
i have:
PureMichiganWater.com, .net, .org - FreakinAnnArbor.com and FreakinDetroit.com too....Not sure what to do with them...
a local gathering could be a good thing, sure could use a hand steering around the learning curve.

ItsMe123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Muskegon here. Yeah, laugh anyway, Muskegon is the left armpit of the state :smile:

FreakinGuy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that is funny.
i'm new to the region so all the 'hand' references make sense...but the "arm pit"...

ItsMe123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freakin
Yep, I grew up with the hand map. I remember my mom driving all of us plus across the state to see a game or do whatever in the Detroit area. When one of us kids kids started the "where are we/how long" questions, she would whip her left hand into the backseat area and say, "we started here, this is where we are at now, and this is where we are going". She would then turn her hand the other way and say, "Now, if any of you ask me again, this is what you are going to get".
Ya' gotta love a woman who drove 4 kids and whatever friend they just had to bring across the state in a paneled station wagon, LOL.
I call Muskegon the left armpit because the hand/mitten map puts Muskegon right at the outer edge of what peeps call the hand's lifeline. When it comes to Muskegon, we all know that isn't true!!

Last edited:

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey All! There's Domainers in MICHIGAN? Who know? lol

I'm in Southwest Michigan. Benton Harbor to be exact. About an hour from Chicago.

I love the Idea of a meeting! I know way too few domainers & to hear that I'm sharing the mitten with so many is Freakin Schweet!

I'm a 1/2 hour from quadnames & an hour from ItsMe123.

So cool to meet you all!

FreakinGuy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm up for a meeting of a sort. I'm pretty much solo in regard to my domaining, most everyone I know does not have a clue about what I'm doing...er well maybe it seems at times that I don't know what I'm doing....none the less....common grounds...it'd be good to connect...any suggestions?

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we should set something up for this summer. Maybe a venue that's a fair distance for everyone? I would be open to just about anything. If anyone wanted to bring youngins along, we could maybe make it a family type thing. I know that Muskegon has a kick-ass waterpark if we wanted to go that route. Just some ideas. Input?

FreakinGuy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest we start getting to know one another on-line first, some getting acquainted Q/A time may help.
My interest would be finding out what other domainers are doing - who are the domainers and what are they about.
For example:
What motivates you as a domainer - what is it about domaining you enjoy?
What type of domains interest you and why?
What advice would you share about domaining?
What advice would you like to have regarding domaining?
Do you see a way by which domainers can work together, collectively...?

These questions or others, it would be good to share something about ourselves and how it relates to domaining.
If there are other suggestions or questions please feel free to respond. Once enough folks show interest we can address a final Q/A list and see what happens...

....eh, just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators