Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Monetizing Chinese traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any PPC monetize China-originated-type-in traffics?

I am getting avevrage 3,000 unique visitors per a day but most PPCs filter out Chinese traffics. Tried to use Google's Adsense but didn't work.(please don't ask why. :emba: )

Any experiences/warnings/recommendations appreciated.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest you should try Sedo for chinese traffic. I have heard that they pay around 3 cents per click for chinese traffic, not sure though. Of course they will filter out some of the traffic but anyway you may get some revenue

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest you should try Sedo for chinese traffic.

Sedo BLOCKS Chinese traffic !

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i 've got tons of 3 cent chinese click...

You could NOT get it because Sedo parking page is NOT accessible from China. Sedoparking.com is blocked on Chinese central firewall 202.97.37.* through which is routed traffic from whole China.

SEDO is not blocking the traffic per se, but they could get this ban lifted if they want, but they do NOT want.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not know that. Sorry for the confusion. But if Sedo does not allow chinese traffic I doubt any other provider does.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah denny is right, china has blocked sedoparking.com.

I recommend to you not to use adsense, as too many traffic and clicks comming from china might get your account canceled with google.

What sort of traffic is it? Any special age group? What sort of website does the traffic come from?

btw: 2 beers - one nation ;-)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
snicksnack said:
What sort of traffic is it? Any special age group? What sort of website does the traffic come from?
Age group?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know you cannot tell the age group form your traffic stats, but if you know where the traffic is comming from, you can nail down the age group. No that many 50-60 year old search for free ringtones for example. Certain website attract a certain agegroup...

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go for trafficz, it display google ads for chinese ips.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go for trafficz, it display google ads for chinese ips

Do you know about some example page ? Because i.e. landings.trafficz.com is inaccessible from China too...

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks to you all for your help.

1. This Chinese traffic already gave me trouble with Google Adsense.
2. There is a Chinese site samename.cn. Mine is samename.com. So it is type-in traffic.
3. Samename.cn looks like a music related(pop music, pop stars, etc.) site so I can say age group is 10~20 and some 30s.
4. I already tried Trafficz but didn't work.

Only PPC workded was Google Adsense but it didn't last. So now I am looking for other PPC sources, if there is any.

shaolinmonk

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with Google AdSense and I have no problem getting China traffic, although those domains that receive majority China traffic have 'mysteriously' reverted to a 2-click landing page rather than the 1-click pages as per the rest of my portfolio.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know of a couple of people which got their adsense account canceled due to chinese non converting (->after click into sales) traffic. Alot of click fraud was and still might be comming from china india and russia.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have a chinese traffic site. I have had adsense on it for about a year but very little income. I get a lot of visitors everyday but how the heck do I monetize it? According to you guys a chinese traffic site is basically worthless. How sad.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would need to know how to monetize Chinese traffic if the Chinese government would stop blocking access to my site.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fearless said:
I would need to know how to monetize Chinese traffic if the Chinese government would stop blocking access to my site.

What is the url? What is the reason for the site being blocked?

I believe that in a few years, chinese traffic can be monetized similar to US or european traffic. For now it is a bit more difficult, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom