Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

More Stolen Domains - Numerics This Time

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't see why not, unless your IP is in a range that has been blocked. PM me your IP and I'll take a look.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how come every day we hear something on some more domains being stolen from enom-
enom's security has become the issue here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
domainoid, the most common method is phishing emails and viruses that steal passwords.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i know that theo but why is enom the registrar most domains are being taken out of now?
at the very least enom is being targeted by thieves, even when registrants fall victim to phishing attacks. enom must be seen as not having very good security.

i'd sleep with one eye open if i had any good domains with enom.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect that Enom backend is quite old and some decade-old bugs are still unfixed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
domainoid, my stats don't show that. Most domain thefts occur at GoDaddy, and definitely Moniker. In any case, the most common method used is email phishing, that primarily plagues GoDaddy due to its popularity.
eNom is not known to be an unsafe registrar, however, they are not taking the approach most domain owners would like to see, when it comes down to actively pursuing the return of stolen domains.

Jdaly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would seem with Moniker having moved over to their new Key-systems backend they're having the most issue, I recently assisted Uniregistry by reverse hijacking a six figure three letter .com coming out of Moniker which had been moved over to Name.com by a thief out of the Middle East. In fact from my experience Enom (Right Media) has historically done an ok job comparatively..not saying much I suppose though. I've had my own names stolen out of each. I know when I was a director at Neustar they had a pretty good reputation, that's when the CEO Taryn was at Pool.com.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators