Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need wordpress template modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a wordpress site from a guy, and it works great, (see www.gifgirl.com), but when I tried to move it to a new server, for some reason the template is not working anymore, so can someone fix this? The seller seems to have disappeared, so i can't get an answer from him, but here is what the new server is acting like coolvids. org.

If you can either get the template to work, or get the same code to work on a new, or custom/modified template, that be great. I am thinking a template similar to justanfyi. com?

Post here if you can do the job.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Before you go and pay someone two things - did you double check to ensure all the files were uploaded and did you change the directory structure any?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe this isnt an issue with your template but with some of your installed plugins.
Did you try to change template to the default one just to see if your page loads?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had downloaded the site from the original upload month's ago when I bought the site, and www.projectchristmas.com is working fine (and popular in China) but the only thing I did was I toke the original db, and replaced it with the new domain name... if anyone knows about wordpress, I would be willing to give you access to fix whatever is causing this...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Makis, I have the same site installed on justanfyi.com, with the plugins etc, but I installed this theme to see if I can get it to work on a new template...

The site is designed to be a sort of search engine.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Old trick is to use this theme to another website of yours like justanfyi.com and see what happens, if it works then its about your plugins, if not you must search a bit deeper.
From what I see coolvids.org source code is completely empty...
Does this theme have any options in the backend?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like your server paths have changed because you moved servers.

In the database you may need to change to your new server paths - templates and plugins may reference these.

/home/mrdeleted/www/mywebsite/wp-content/themes/ - old

/home/newserver/www/mywebsite/wp-content/themes/ - new

That's where I'd start considering you moved from one server to another.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look in the database for the wp_options table.

Try to see if two values need to be changed in option_name. If you are using PHPMyAdmin:

siteurl
will be the first value on page 1. Enter the new domain in option_value without the forward slash.

home
will be about the 7th one down on page 2. Enter the new domain in option_value without the forward slash.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9095/wordpresswj.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK Namehoney I will check to see if that works, I been trying a to ask all the people I know, and the seller responded with something like "maybe the hos has not cUrl feature", and they say they do (namecheap hosting).

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I checked and those values are just the way you said...

DrewryMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a wordpress site from a guy, and it works great, (see www.gifgirl.com), but when I tried to move it to a new server, for some reason the template is not working anymore, so can someone fix this? The seller seems to have disappeared, so i can't get an answer from him, but here is what the new server is acting like www.coolvids.org.

If you can either get the template to work, or get the same code to work on a new, or custom/modified template, that be great. I am thinking a template similar to www.justanfyi.com?

Post here if you can do the job.

Have you properly propagated nameservers for the domain, so that when you upload files, everything will respectively display and work together?

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

OK Namehoney I will check to see if that works, I been trying a to ask all the people I know, and the seller responded with something like "maybe the hos has not cUrl feature", and they say they do (namecheap hosting).

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I checked and those values are just the way you said...

I couldn't think of anything else, to be honest, other than what I mentioned in the post below. Do you know if they managed to resolve their issue?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My name servers are pointed to ns1. - ns2.nominality.com just like the host said, and there should be no issues there. I pointed Nominiality.com to the same IP address/DNS too.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you for prompt payment

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Melly for fixing the theme, and good luck with your copy of the script!

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
np. I will try something out on it if I ever get time. Haha I have 97 articles that are due by Sunday night : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators