Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New Dnf Interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am totally confused. Clicking Inbox gives a huge list of messages. Yesterday my inbox had 2 messages; the 2 things I needed to work on. I dont get this at all.

Message thread - the quoted part has a color fade on it, I can't read it -but I need to reference something. Clicking on it did not open it - how to see the quoted message? If it is unreadable then why have it?

I really liked the 'old' dnf. Very functional and efficient. I have only a few minutes right now, but I wont be able to get done what I need to because I can't figure this out.

Kevin

Upvote 0

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am totally confused. Clicking Inbox gives a huge list of messages. Yesterday my inbox had 2 messages; the 2 things I needed to work on. I dont get this at all.

Message thread - the quoted part has a color fade on it, I can't read it -but I need to reference something. Clicking on it did not open it - how to see the quoted message? If it is unreadable then why have it?

I really liked the 'old' dnf. Very functional and efficient. I have only a few minutes right now, but I wont be able to get done what I need to because I can't figure this out.

Kevin
Don't like I wish there was switch classic feature , reading on phone threads don't look good

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tag cloud (or what I presume to be) should be sized out by usage. They are all the same size.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I mentioned before, it will take at least one more day to make some major tweaks but we will get it all done.

Adam

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, honestly it seems like everytime this site is perfect and I get used to all the features and locations you guys change it again. Just an honest opinion, but obviously the content is whats important and in that sense the site is exceedingly excellent :)

I do wish we could use it in the classic mode though, this version feels very wordpress'esque.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish I could just click "Subscribed Threads" under quick links.

So far not pleased with the colors of grey background. I like the old colors. But I guess will get used to this.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, kinda hard to navigate to go through the entire history of what you've posted and others. Not used to change. Didn't like it when you went from vb3 to vb4 and now it's hard on this to navigate.

One thing I did notice is that a session is only per tab in Chrome. I can't open a new tab and go to dnf.com and it be logged in. I need to login again.
Adam, honestly it seems like everytime this site is perfect and I get used to all the features and locations you guys change it again. Just an honest opinion, but obviously the content is whats important and in that sense the site is exceedingly excellent :)

I do wish we could use it in the classic mode though, this version feels very wordpress'esque.

We lost Focus from the forums for another year. :eek:

...but it is somewhat true. I believe I signed up when it was vB3. Then it was changed to vB4 and then CMS was added with an extremely high memory usage skin, making it nearly impossible to use until some issues were resolved. It was subsequently made faster and I got used to it over the year(s). Now it's another format and to be honest I don't know what to click to get where. I don't even know what credits are. Can I cash them out through PayPal? ;)

I know that this transition is still a work in progress, but speaking for myself, it'll take some time to get used to. This is primarily due to not all features being implemented at this time and things have been rearranged so it is really confusing to navigate at the moment.

However, I have faith that once everything is restored, it'll be back to normal. :D

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a good example: Craigslist. Its been called ugly, old, and archaic.

But its fast, easy, and you can use it very efficiently. Someone can be away a month or a year and still get right in there. I love Craigslist.
Craig Newmark who runs it resists change because he says the users do not ask for it; only 'pundits' and consultants and press people do.
Actual users like it.

I see zero reason for this change at DNF. The previous site was very efficient, I liked it. Now it appears no folders either? Inbox is not an inbox,
its an Archive?

Here is another example: NBCnews.com. It used to be good. Now its 'more modern' and it sucks. I am back to CNN. I like sections, like
Business, and the headlines are there. NBCnews is one big streaming thing.. great for tablets I guess. I have not looked at it lately but I
hope a lot of people stop using it for this very reason. We have a tablet in the house but I certainly don't use it when working and I
reference news websites often.

The real problem with DNF is the lack of quality domains and lack of buyers. Thats the issues that needs to be addressed.
And there are ways that could be tried like more marketing and more education. This new UI does not address it.

Kevin

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A suggestion for "Latest Threads" on the right hand side of the main page, put the section that the thread is listed under. It's kinda confusing to see UISHUISDH.com, DHUIAHIU.com and not knowing whether it's a BIN, Make Offer or Appraisal. Reduction of clicks. :cool:

Additionally, I liked how it had on the vB version the sub-forums listed. In some cases, not. Is it possible to trigger expand/collapse of these?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the new GUI. There is also a "similar thread" suggestion feature below each thread. I find the flat design on mobile device view useful for those of us who like using smartphones.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a good example: Craigslist. Its been called ugly, old, and archaic.

But its fast, easy, and you can use it very efficiently. Someone can be away a month or a year and still get right in there. I love Craigslist.
Craig Newmark who runs it resists change because he says the users do not ask for it; only 'pundits' and consultants and press people do.
Actual users like it.

I agree, can't we just get in a time machine and go back to bulletin boards when they were like:
Topic
Re: Topic
Re: Re: Topic...

As of the lack of quality/buyers, I think it's based on the speculation of gTLD's myself. People are either holding their kings for it to fail miserably and then cash out or using their current funds on gTLDs to not purchase. That and the price fluctuations on domain names here have been crazy during this period if you haven't noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators