Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker New Moniker's System

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion about the new Moniker's control panel? I work with a dozen others but this is my least favorite, by far.
Oh Moniker :(

Domain summit 2024

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so far i see they unlocked a bunch of my domains and don't let me sort or filter by unlocked. Also, the admin section says my domains no longer have privacy, but thankfully the whois record still shows it. And the funniest part is they made it impossible to renew a domain right now.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting... this came at the worst of times for me.
It seems renewals are no longer instant, I tried twice (even with balance it went to the credit card) but 1h+ later I received no further notice.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No option to retrieve my Customer ID's.... and I forgot the emails...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not happy, received very fake looking random invocies from them asking for a bank wire ????? or the two mentioned domains will not be renewed. No kidding, that is why I selected do not auto renew.

Secondly a domain push is now odd, select domain, go to drop down bar and select domain push and enter `target`, what he heck is the target, the new account.

Honestly I loved them for their simplicity, now it hurts my eyes and makes other rars seem better laid out, this is a FAIL. Their help or FAQ section has no working pictures, just black boxes, great thanks for SHOWING me how a push is now done, not. Thanks for explain what changes took place in terms of transfers and renewals, not.

The simplest things like, renewal, dns and transfers in and out should have remained so simple a child could do it, why because that is how we make our living.

Not happy.

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am now getting emails where they are charging me for domains that I let expire

shimmy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After being on hold for 30 minutes it went to voice mail.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, it sucks. if you had domains that were expired they are probably gone now. i had a bunch of domains i meant to renew before the change but forgot and now they are gone from my account. how can they just change how long of a renewal grace you have without any notification?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After being on hold for 30 minutes it went to voice mail.

30 minutes? You're lucky, I'm usually on hold for 2-3 hours with Moniker, just sit the phone down on speaker phone....

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had a name renewed and charged and I had "no auto renew"....and it is now not in my account:mad:
My account number has changed it appears :confused:
25 names now unlocked?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spoke to support and made them aware of this thread so hopefully they can see what the issues are and work to resolve them....

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmmm....from looking at my account .biz and .us names were all unlocked.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker switched to the KeySystems/DomainDiscount24 back-end system, which I generally like. However, the transition onto the new system must have been done over-hastily given that there are several problems:

- credit card on file no longer accepted (worked fine on old system a few days ago)
- impossible to edit existing payment options
- fields for adding new payment options were added only a few hours ago, after the new system was rolled out
- domain categories were not imported; I had to create new "groups" to manage my domains
- see problems mentioned by other users above

As said, the DD24 system itself is not that bad. I just wish they would have sorted these things out before going live with it!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.us and .biz...you deserve the unlock LOL j/k of course.

This scares me for many $$$$$$$ reasons.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok just checked payment optionsd and discovered why I got weird emails asking for bank wires to renew names.

1) Paypal is no longer an option unless the invoice is $25-$1000 otherwise bank wire or credit card is the only option.

I still have no clue how to PUSH ownership with Moniker and if when someone sends me a transfer request do they still get an email from moniker they need to forward to me????

Son of a gun this screws up business!

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker switched to the KeySystems/DomainDiscount24 back-end system, which I generally like. However, the transition onto the new system must have been done over-hastily given that there are several problems:

- credit card on file no longer accepted (worked fine on old system a few days ago)
- impossible to edit existing payment options
- fields for adding new payment options were added only a few hours ago, after the new system was rolled out
- domain categories were not imported; I had to create new "groups" to manage my domains
- see problems mentioned by other users above

As said, the DD24 system itself is not that bad. I just wish they would have sorted these things out before going live with it!
since you have dealt with this system before can you explain how renewals work? is there a grace period if you don't have auto renew on? i don't want to delete my domains at expiry but i don't want to have auto renew on either..

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think i have figured out the renewal process
Do not select any domains.
1) click the "Renew/Delete Domains" in the left control panel.
2) put a check mark in the box to the left of the domain you want to renew.
3) on the far right of every domain is a "Renewaloption" option. select "1year immediate $8"
4) scroll down to the bottom and press "verify changes"
5) on the next page chick "Submit"
wait for the confirmation emails and make sure your credit card info is up to date.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since you have dealt with this system before can you explain how renewals work? is there a grace period if you don't have auto renew on? i don't want to delete my domains at expiry but i don't want to have auto renew on either..
Please refer to Bob's post. ;) The option to renew domains at expiry/immediately and to delete domains at expiry/immediately can both be found in the drop-down menus in the rightmost column on the "Renew/Delete Domains" page.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please refer to Bob's post. ;) The option to renew domains at expiry/immediately and to delete domains at expiry/immediately can both be found in the drop-down menus in the rightmost column on the "Renew/Delete Domains" page.
I get that but with the old moniker i had 30 some days to renew...with this new system you get no days? has to be renewed on the day of expiry or be deleted?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators