Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Niche: SMS, Text, Email, Anonymity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own a website which allows users to send anonymous email and text (sms).

I'm looking for a quality website to cross-promote with. I'm looking for more than a simple link exchange. I'd prefer to develop and optimize a strategy that positively impacts the visitors experience and helps diversify my traffic sources.

I was recently thrown off page one for an important keyword which immediately destroyed my traffic. The only thing that has kept my website alive is the large number of direct visits and steady referral traffic. Without consistant traffic from multiple sources I doubt I'd still have the keywords I do..

Website details
Average Uniques: 3,000 (I expect it to tripple within 2-3 months)
Average Impressions: 100 (Recent SERP shakeup - some keywords have been hurt)
Average CTR: 33% (Low of 17% with a high of 86%)
Backlink Profile: MSN, MSNBC, WN.com, Yahoo News, LapTopMag.com, Wikipedia, TechNewsDaily.com, eScienceNews.com and many others.

I should have a full redesign completed within the next week or two and will be adding a few new features in the next couple of months.

If interested, please post or pm your URL along with a brief description overview of your website.

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone owns a bitcoin website, preferably a bitcoin wallet, I'd be very interesting in speaking with you.

D

Deleted member 5660

I am putting together some Bitcoin sites over the next couple weeks. I am working on http://GetSomeCoin.com as we speak. I think Bitcoin will be one of the biggest stories this decade.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am putting together some Bitcoin sites over the next couple weeks. I am working on http://GetSomeCoin.com as we speak. I think Bitcoin will be one of the biggest stories this decade.

Would love to hear about your plans. I was considering developing a bitcoin wallet but ended up walking away.

D

Deleted member 5660

you should get back in. The SatoshiDice.com web site is really just a glorified wallet that pays off based picking numbers (and takes his 1.9%). Wallet development is going to be big. Escrow is done with a wallet with a person transaction where 2 approve to make a payment. The money is sitting in Bitcoin and anyone can see it is there on the Bitcoin blockchain. If the deal goes through and the 2 people agree the deal goes through. Only if there is a dispute does the third party come in and decide. This third party "mediator" never hold the funds and only gets involved if there is a dispute. This simple wallet could spell the end of Escrow.com? Since there is no chargebacks in Bitcoin these escrow wallets are going to be the norm.

You can program a wallet to do almost any kind of digital trigger with any number of parties involved. Crowd funding is great. The money donated money can sit in Bitcoin and if they reach their goal the money goes to the project. if the goal is not met the money gets automatically refunded. No more pledges, waiting for refunds, etc. All that stuff is going to need wallet developers because average person is going to glaze over when you start talking about signing things with private keys.

BTW - The SatoshiDice.com site just made $500K in 6 months.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you should get back in. The SatoshiDice.com web site is really just a glorified wallet that pays off based picking numbers (and takes his 1.9%). Wallet development is going to be big. Escrow is done with a wallet with a person transaction where 2 approve to make a payment. The money is sitting in Bitcoin and anyone can see it is there on the Bitcoin blockchain. If the deal goes through and the 2 people agree the deal goes through. Only if there is a dispute does the third party come in and decide. This third party "mediator" never hold the funds and only gets involved if there is a dispute. This simple wallet could spell the end of Escrow.com? Since there is no chargebacks in Bitcoin these escrow wallets are going to be the norm.

You can program a wallet to do almost any kind of digital trigger with any number of parties involved. Crowd funding is great. The money donated money can sit in Bitcoin and if they reach their goal the money goes to the project. if the goal is not met the money gets automatically refunded. No more pledges, waiting for refunds, etc. All that stuff is going to need wallet developers because average person is going to glaze over when you start talking about signing things with private keys.

BTW - The SatoshiDice.com site just made $500K in 6 months.

Yes but I don't know anything about the technology that goes on behind the scenes. I imagine it's complex and specific which means developing is slow and expensive; not good signs in a speculative market.

D

Deleted member 5660

When you look under the hood there is only 1 word. Wow. This is one of the most amazing things I have seen come out of the Internet. There are all these, as yet, untapped features of Bitcoin that can basically replace banks and brokers. It is possible to implement complex scripts for transactions. For instance, you can develop a script that replicates a Municipal bond so that people buy shares of the bond and are paid interest. Investments, loans, contracts, etc. can all be put into Bitcoin transactions if/when these features get implemented.

Right now Bitcoins need user-friendly tools to use the system easily. i.e. a Bitcoin Bank either web-based stuff or plugins users can use themselves. You need a pretty thorough understanding of public-private key encryption, cryptographic hashing, and elliptical curve crypto.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think developing complex applications is the right move. I think more money can be made through the service industry. Think about who has BitCoin and why they prefer to use it. Helping those people will prove to be easy and lucrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators