Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No Minimum Commission Now Extended Outside The Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NO MINIMUM COMMISSION ON DOMAINS PARKED WITH SEDO! – NOW FOR ALL US / UK / INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS!

Didn’t you always hate that little asterix saying ‘Offer only valid for US / Canadian residents’? Now, after another bumper month of sales, Sedo is delighted to launch into March by announcing that this offer extends to ALL customers of Sedo’s US / UK / International Operations team! That’s right, no more minimum commission on almost all parked domains.

So let’s just get this straight: you park with us, we pay you for parking your traffic AND we wipe out our minimum commission fee of 50 $/€/£! No wonder we’re the web’s most popular domain aftermarket. That means if you make a sale for € 100, instead of € 50 being eaten up by our commission, you only pay a tiny € 10 and have an extra € 40 to spend on Easter eggs. And, yes, this price does include all our costs: processing the buyer’s payment, our secure escrow services, and the same expert personal assistance with the technical transfer of your domain that our customers have come to expect from Sedo.

So, if you haven’t parked your domains with us yet, now is the time to do it and join the biggest community of domain traders in the world.

The offer applies to the same TLDs as for US / Canadian customers. For more information, visit our website or click here

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: ed@sedo.com :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Domain summit 2024

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
excellent news. This wil definately facilitate the sale of cheap domains, where a 100 euro offer before would be rejected, but now accepted.
even the 60 euro low ball offers have a chance now (for domains that arent that valuable).
Great move!

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great strategic move! Would see Sedo expanding its market share further.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds good.

I got an offer around $100 for one of my domains in February. How much commission is charged if I know approve that offer.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
...That’s right, no more minimum commission on almost all parked domains...

*almost all*? ... what specifically are the exceptions/exclusions?

Ron

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
octobus said:
Sounds good.

I got an offer around $100 for one of my domains in February. How much commission is charged if I know approve that offer.

10% of $100 = $10 so Sedo gets $10 and you get $90, as I read the post.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
10% of $100 = $10 so Sedo gets $10 and you get $90, as I read the post.
Only if it is parked at Sedo.
Right?

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
octobus said:
Sounds good.

Also still depends on what .ext has this domain!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like all parked domains that meet the extension qualification and which have received at least 1 genuine view before a buyer is found.
No doubt Sedo wll clarify if that is not correct.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I reject all lowball offers, so it doesn't matter :-D

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know but it still says that $50 goes to Sedo

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too bad it's just for SEDO "parked" domains.

Not interested.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the transaction summary or whatever you call it. Anyways, it's probably best to directly contact Sedo.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad it's not just me noticing these things ... wish I'd noticed such fine print back last year before purchasing Sedo's featured listing service ... still waiting on my $117 USD ... and worse of it, a Sedo rep (Ed) PM me just the other day to say they wanted to resolve the matter (refund my money) and then the same rep replies back later saying they won't!

While it seems I'm digressing, the point is that Sedo may work great for many folks, but one should be very wary of the "fine print", as this thread again illustrates ... Sedo is very sneaky :(

Ron

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again everybody,

Just thought I'd clear up any confusion.

On the majority of TLDs sold over Sedo, we now charge no minimum commission for US / UK / International Operations customers.

You can find a full list on our homepage, under http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/parking.php3?language=e

For all of those TLDs, we will charge a flat 10% sales commission.

Octobus, please can you state a little more clearly where exactly you saw the thing about us still taking 50 €. I would like to reassure you all that any reference like that to the old pricing system is merely an oversight on our part. If you are referring to the Price List in the 'About' section, then those are the prices for unparked domains. If you saw this somewhere else, please could you email me and let me know and I'll get rid of it.

I'd like to reiterate, it is 10% for all parked domains with the relevant TLDs. I think you'd all agree, we'd have nothing to gain by doing a big campaign to make everyone aware that we have no minimum commission and then taking a minimum commission just as before!

Unclewilco, you are right, .co.uk is sadly not on the list due to the immensely labour-intensive transfer process involved in the UK market. We are working extremely hard to make the necessary people aware that they are cramping the UK market's massive potential with this long-winded system, but it's the consumers who have the most power, so get lobbying! :)

I hope you all enjoy the new low commission and our great parking system!

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: ed@sedo.com :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is getting better and better. Few more improvements are needed. There should be a link on main page to show ALL domains (with price) sold at sedo since its begining. Also the offer made by a buyer should be binding for 7 days even if the seller has made counter offer. For example an offer of $200 was made by a buyer and the seller countered it with $500. If the buyer did not accept it or did not make another offer , the seller should be able to accept $200 within 7 days. This will increase business for sedo , buyers and sellers.

URL Trader

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What exactly does "Offer is only valid for US UK / International customers" mean?

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Too bad it's just for SEDO "parked" domains.

Not interested.

As long as you list in SEDO, i guess it is consider parked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators