Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Offered $200,000 for adult names by dnpowerful..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URL trader:

you said:

The only way your income and value of domains will go is upwards.

I disagree, you are familiar with the dot com bust. I just bought a name from a member of this forum for $100. 2-3 years ago, people were holding out for alot higher prices (and many getting them).

You try and sell a domain for 1999 prices and you are going to make your registrar very happy in renewal fees. People want to see P & L statements, and need alot more evidence before plunking down large $$.

Now to get good money for a domain, you have to have alot more than a catchy name, but a successful business attached, or some other value added service.

thoughts?

D.

Customb

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If were mine i didn't sell i think, even 200k are some money, since i saw you don't have sites developed on this domains. Are you thinking on this?

Since a business who make proffit is more valuable than a domain who is hosting banners. Since you have 8k/mo , you can fw all this into your own websites.
Anyway, even if don't choose this, and since you are not broke keeping the domains i think is better. Your decision, and not so simple one :)

If you are thinking to develope something (design, programming, cc payment) let me know, we can help.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would sell and invest the $200k into a business i could brag to my parents about lol

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's see he was offerred 200k and we are disagreeing if he should sell?

Did everyone get the email from dnf this morning:

The biggest sale of the night was QH.org sold by Domainforsale to MikeMike for $600.00

$600 is alot less than $200,000. My point is the market for domain sales has fallen off the map, and 200k is a handsome offer. I was a stockbroker for many years and one thing that screwed investors time and time again was that they had a profit and never realized it. At 8k per month, it will take the buyer over 2 years to break even. A 2 year recovery rate on a domain is good for the seller, don't we all agree?

With so many of you in the domain investment business, how can you say don't sell with a handsome offer right there on the table?

Of course it depends on how he wants to finance it, and he should give you alot more than 8k per month you are making now.
I say "show me the money," "run with the loot," "get the hell outta dodge!"

D.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

DNP is a bag of hot air who attempts to give the perception he's a big buyer. He has never bought anything from me but he did offer me $50/ 3 letter .com for 800 3 letter .coms. A whopping $40K for 800- 3 letter .coms that included names such as huh.com, pbx.com, csu.com, ssf.com, hah.com, bme.com, ejr.com and wva.com.

I assure you, if he did make the offer and the lady accepted, he would have turned around, put his tail between his legs and ran away. :eek:

Haven't been around for a while, so I spared myself the Fearless Leader's pithy comments. GregR, is the self-loathing so debilitating that if forces you to slander others? Give it up .... and try to be nice.

I'd treat such Slander and Libel quite seriously, and would advise that you'd watch yourself. Question someone's integrity (which can be proven in a court of law via perusal of an escrow account) and you open yourself to all sorts of liability.

Are you angry because others have sold domains for $20 - $60 K and you are like a forlorn bride, left standing at the alter?

That and the arrogance in believing that Register.com should have offered imPerfectName "Afternic.com" prior to selling it? Perhaps they didn't feel the owner of dnforum would have been a worthy custodian? Either that, or they didn't feel up to fielding low ball offers :D

I remind you. Respected members of the domain community DID verity DNPs claims via a perusal of his escrow account. Enough said.

Seeth in your own anger and parasitic envy if you wish, but know where to draw the line where slander and libel are concerned.

I pity you :sad: Such a "relative" success in your own right, yet stricken with jealousy. To what end?

Cheers! :)

arpmn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ebess
hehe -- sorry, I should have warned you all to not click on any of the actual domain names listed on ebess.com because yes, if you do not sign up for a subscription, you will be sent to popup hell (but it IS safe to go to ebess.com itself -- that is just a list of the adult domains without any advertising at all)

gotta say I resisted the popup thing for a few years, and then when i finally decided to experiment with it my earnings went up 50%.....so the popups stay (on my adult sites that is -- I don't use popups on my mainstream site because I hate them as much as you do..)
I hate those damn pop up and always wondered if they actualy made money for the webmaster 50% sales increase answers my question. No wonder those damn things are all over! :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this old thread was dug up - after it hadn't been posted in for 3 months. What's the point?

Geez.....

arpmn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny I didn't even notice it started back in october until your post!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread made the newsletter because of the # of views.

That's probably what dug it up.

fxdogg

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ebess, i will put up a budget of lets say $50k to $100k to buy just a handful of your names as you mentioned earlier. PM and lets do some real biz.

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't follow the whole thread. Apologies if answered already.
How do you turn your traffic into cash?
Affiliate programs? PPC?

BTW I get a few hundred hits a day, but make nuffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom