Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parking Versus Mini Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

About three weeks ago I came across a thread on Mini Sites and I decided that I would turn all my parked names into Mini Sites.

My names were not earning much at the sedo parking program, so three weeks later I have around 160 developed mini sites with another 30 to develop. I have noticed that my revenue has increased four fold.

Any other domainers out there who have turned their names into mini sites rather than relying on domain name parking?

If so please show us your Mini Sites and let us know if your income has increased from developing Mini Sites.

Here are a few of mine using the Niche Store program

AFL Gear
Backpacks
Motocross
v8 Engines

Domain summit 2024

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the income due to increase in traffic now that you're managing it yourself? Is it because you've monetized it better with Adsense now primarily? Is the primary income from Ebay or other? Hope you don't mind my questions. Thanks in advance. Just trying to get an idea about the factors involved in Sedo vs minisite.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the income due to increase in traffic now that you're managing it yourself? Is it because you've monetized it better with Adsense now primarily? Is the primary income from Ebay or other? Hope you don't mind my questions. Thanks in advance. Just trying to get an idea about the factors involved in Sedo vs minisite.

Both, definately Adsense has helped ... but the sites have only been up for a few weeks, so once they are optimised more, I imagine the earnings will only increase again, plus I get commissions from every sale I make through Ebay, sI got a commission of $28 from someone buying a Fridge off ebay today ,,, so that is one big click! $28 from a Sale off Ebay is pretty good, there is no way I would earn that with Sedo with any one of my names.

Also I bought this ebook http://adsense-secrets.com/ and that has definately helped with my adsense earnings, not just from my 150 names, but with my developed sites such as www.beaututes.com

equilec

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Developing mini sites are better. I am trying to develop my site one by one. But my problem is that I want every site to look special and unique. I spend a lot of time designing which makes it really hard and tedious.

But I guess I have to get one nice general template and churn it out one after another is not a bad idea at all...

Thanks for the showcase. I'll showcase mine here

GirlFightsVideo.com
SportSoccers.com
CrazyGameShows.com
BleachMangaOnline.com

These four uses NicheVideo script. Unfortunately, my revenue sucks. Have to put more thoughts into these ones... Any ideas?

My next project is BANS which I will look for a nice general template and work on it...

Many thanks for the idea.

Last edited:

elfsites

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm actually having the same question as you. I'm planning to get alot of sites, try to monetize them and eventually sell them. My biggest issues with parked sites is:

1st all the parked sites are very obvious. I personally, and I know a lot of people, will recognize a parked site right away and just back out. Whereas with a mini site, it can have just as many ads, but if it looks different and has useful content.

Second, how do you drive traffic to a parked site? If you do any marketing at all, it's going to be obvious to anyone clicking on the link that it's a parked site, and as such a spam post. Whereas with a mini site, even if it's not big, it's not spam if it has some relevant, useful info. So how do people actually find your parked site so you can make money from those ads, do the parked service do any traffic building to them?

I'm new to this so that's why I'm not sure yet. A mini site I figure will take me around 1h to build, using 1 page of content, adsense and some amazon referrals. Parked sites however are instant and include a lot more diverse ads.

Here's a site I did today which took me around 1h: http://www.globalsqueeze.com

Any thoughts?

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's just because Sedo parking sux for most of the domains, they will sometimes give you 0,02EUR for quit expensive keywords.
Parked, Fabulous or Namedrive makes much more then Sedo (2-3x) so I don't need to park. I'd rather invest time in some good 2 words with some type-in bought for few $.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

About three weeks ago I came across a thread on Mini Sites and I decided that I would turn all my parked names into Mini Sites.

My names were not earning much at the sedo parking program, so three weeks later I have around 160 developed mini sites with another 30 to develop. I have noticed that my revenue has increased four fold.

Any other domainers out there who have turned their names into mini sites rather than relying on domain name parking?

If so please show us your Mini Sites and let us know if your income has increased from developing Mini Sites.

Here are a few of mine using the Niche Store program

AFL Gear
Backpacks
Motocross
v8 Engines

I gave up on BANS ... I found that most of my domains were banned from Google, now I just park them at my Domain Name Blog hoping for Domain Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators