Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed PicHub.com Free Image hosting and photo journal site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of selling www.pichub.com which is an established image hosting and photo journal site.

The site doesn't make much income now as most are using it for the image hosting but since I added the photo journal part to the site it has a lot more potential to make money. You can put adsense ads or YPN ads on the photo journals. Here is an example of someone's photo journal.

http://www.pichub.com/journal.php?user=romanianguy

revenue: I have had days as high as $7.20 and as low as $.12. This month has been slow. This site needs some promotion or some good links from the right sites.

The value of the site is in the potential, the domain name and the fact that you get over 1300 members with email addresses. What I was thinking of doing was stopping the free image hosting and making it strickly a photo journal site. That would decrease the bandwidth usage and increase the revenue. It would require a different marketing approach though.

I am not in any hurry to sell this but will consider good offers. I paid $800 for this a few months back and have put in a few hundred bucks in improvements to give you an idea of what minimum offer I am looking for.

here is the alexa for the last 6 months.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/t...=www.pichub.com

As you can see it has had some good traffic and was as high as 11,000 at one point. The previous owner had server problems after the sale and before we could change to our server it was offline for about a week. That stopped a lot of momentum it had. Then we decided to add the photo journal feature which I believe was a good improvement to the site but we haven't promoted it much as of yet to see any results from it. I have a lot on my table now and this site could do extremely well I think with some attention.

One of the reasons I think this site has a lot of potential is that I saw that roachhost.com sold for $100,000 on ebay in December 2005 I believe and what the guy was doing then is simular to this site. He just had a lot more members using the photo journal part of the site and I just added this feature.

The new script was coded by my programmer and there isn't resell rights.

This is not an auction and I reserve the right not to sell but I will sell to a good offer.

Domain summit 2024

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
could you give a ballpark of what you want for it... or you are likely to get bids all over the place. i doubt anyone is going to offer up $100K at this point.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
could you give a ballpark of what you want for it... or you are likely to get bids all over the place. i doubt anyone is going to offer up $100K at this point.

LOL. No, I am not expecting 100k. That site was making about $250 a day when he sold his. That just gives you an idea of the potential. I think a good start would be mid to high xxx. No BIN in mind at all at this point.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa link is not working in your post.

How much hd space and bandwidth do you use per month?

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the hosting situation on this? Do you already have it on its own server? How difficult would it be to move it... you mentioned having problems before.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It uses 150 to 200 MB a month and is on a server with other websites.

It wouldn't be hard to move and we would definately help.

I guess the Alexa link doesn't last. It's easy to check: www.alexa.com

Tim

spademill

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dangit, nice site, wish I had more money AND time to develop some of these.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leo for the offer. I will add you to my msn. I have a $850 offer from
a PM and an offer to trade a site.

Thanks spademill.

Tim

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Google is right in the middle of a new update and pichub is a
PR6 site now. So it's value has gone up. Links from a PR6 go for between $50 to $100 a month and you can get between 10 and 15 and not really hurt the site. So, there is another revenue source all of a sudden.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Mgunnin. I think what makes it an auction is that the site will go to the highest bidder no matter what and usually there is a time limit. If I am wrong maybe someone can clear that up. I have seen many sites put up for offers like this and if the bid isn't what the seller wants then they don't sell it.

spy_lover

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good luck 4 all

$$$

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$1020

I would like to first see some screen shots of revenue.

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have decided to not sell this site for the time being. I will work on it, get some links, probably stop the anonymous image hosting, promote the photo journal blog aspect more and then maybe think again about selling.

Thanks for all the interest.

Tim

bostondan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
editeditedit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators