Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please discuss Idn parking and selling on Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am writing this as to find out about your plans and goals with idn domains and their parking and selling at Sedo. As you are aware there are many exciting things happening with idns including a few big sales.

Please fill us in as to where you currently are at with these.

forsaken

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a german domainer IDN-domains are very interesting to me. They are speculative at the moment, I agree, but I think they will be highly accepted in the future. I got my hands on some nice ones that I am holding until it's their time :).

Ciao
Forsaken

früchte.de ("fruits")

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
forsaken said:
As a german domainer IDN-domains are very interesting to me. They are speculative at the moment, I agree, but I think they will be highly accepted in the future. I got my hands on some nice ones that I am holding until it's their time :).

Ciao
Forsaken

früchte.de ("fruits")

Yes, another sale also. Link The trend is now and yet no word from Sedo. Namedrive has been the only parking service that has discussed in length about the parking and monetization of them. I applaude them for their bullish actions.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, sedo for being so direct with an answer.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems someone has to wake up Jay

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nevermind.

NameDrive is the first known parking provider using the correct Punycode for their IDN parking service. Prior the technology available was subpar. IDNers are definitely excited about this development as they can now make the most of their IDNs while they sit stagnant.

www.domainingblog.com

Netego

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have registered quite a few IDNs recently, the 1st grade names are all taken now. We will see the explosion of IDN in 2 more months.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netego said:
I have registered quite a few IDNs recently, the 1st grade names are all taken now. We will see the explosion of IDN in 2 more months.

Sedo.com led all venues by taking 10 of 23 positions on the leader board (there are three more domains than usual because of a six-way tie for the final position). Sedo's run began with a German IDN (International Domain Name) #3 übersetzer.de ("translator" in German) at €19,500 ($23,672). That sale will surely cheer the small but growing cadre of IDN fans who believe the spread of non-English alphabets to domain names is presenting a golden opportunity for investors.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

The explosion is now. The only reason more asian, arabic names have not been sold is because Sedo wont allow them.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one is as anxious to make an offer for domains.com in Mandarin as I am : )

There's no doubt about a couple of trends. An increase in the demand of Local services from the Internet and a user driven desire to browse the web in their own language.

This should translate into greater use and speculation in IDNs especially in markets where Western languages haven't become the accepted "lingua franca". So Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Cyrillic IDNs are going to see a lot of use over time, and eventually, probably more than their western charater counterparts now being used.

We know this and we already supports a host of IDNS. We will support more, definitely all the important ones.

Jay
[email protected]

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
No one is as anxious to make an offer for domains.com in Mandarin as I am : )

There's no doubt about a couple of trends. An increase in the demand of Local services from the Internet and a user driven desire to browse the web in their own language.

This should translate into greater use and speculation in IDNs especially in markets where Western languages haven't become the accepted "lingua franca". So Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Cyrillic IDNs are going to see a lot of use over time, and eventually, probably more than their western charater counterparts now being used.

We know this and we already supports a host of IDNS. We will support more, definitely all the important ones.

Jay
[email protected]

What is the logic of forcing Japanese, Russian and Korean IDN parkers to access the management screen using sedo.cn -- which is entirely in Chinese?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, people there will be more demand to use the Sedo Interface in more languages. Right now we offer 5 different language options for an interface and no doubt we will offer more in the futre. In fact there are already agreements in place and some are in development now. Hopefully I'll be able to announce them in the coming months.

Jay
[email protected]

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Date 5-15-06 and nothing conclusive from Sedo about their plans for the proper parking and selling of IDNs. Several parking companies have made dramatic headway in idn and NOTHING has come from SEDO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom