Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Possible to sell a DN completely anonymously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkman

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've sold 2 DNs -- both times via just listing them on Sedo. And in both cases, my real name / info was given to the buyer AFTER the sale, which Sedo tells me is part of their standard terms, and impossible to circumvent.

But I want to sell my DNs completely anonymously, INCLUDING preventing a buyer from getting my info after the sale.

What's the best way to do that, if it's possible?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the transaction through a third party. I'll do it for a cut, unless you're selling really bad names.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best way is to use a broker. Sedo does that for transparency's sake, but some independent brokers may be a little more privacy-friendly.

But what do you have to hide?

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed, I think, as Maxwell said... what do you have to hide? If you don't want your sale terms and ID divulged outside the transaction, have an NDA as part of the deal. That said, almost all buyers (and sellers) will want to know who .... at least after the transaction closes, the parties are.

Otherwise you'll have to go through brokers, and have a shell company (numbered company somewhere, possibly held by a series of proxy companies) and so on, but then it starts to raise suspicion at many levels - at least it would for me.

Just my thoughts.

Rob

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain has maintained whois privacy from the very beginning ... and if you use an intermediary, then -- yes -- it's possible.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold names through GoDaddy with privacy on them and they went from my account, to a public whois reflecting GD is holding it and then to the new owner when funds cleared (unless they put privacy on it before I do a whois). I asked and recorded the phone conversation with a GD rep that the information would not be released to the buyer who the seller was. They assured me that GD can only give that persons account information out. However, I'm still skeptical about privacy issues since the one with Moniker of all places... Either way as of now, I know the owner of the latest domain purchased isn't aware that I was the original owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators