Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Power to the Tweets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back in mid-November, I made the decision to start heavily pushing one of my sites on Twitter. The site provides a free service aimed at medical professionals. It is a niche site so I knew well the market I was trying to reach.

With regular tweets and updating my site's content, I wanted to achieve some higher traffic. Tweets are great for the traffic increases but also for increased twitter followers. And increased twitter followers brings in more twitter followers which bring in more site traffic which means increased site usage and hopefully revenue.

Well...I read somewhere (a while back) that when using adsense the high end of conversion was around 9%, if you were lucky. Most sites fall well below that mark.

Using twitter to tweet new information and courses, I was able to boost my conversion from November 4.56% to 6.29% in December. That's a jump of over 1.5% which (I think) is pretty damn good from one month to the next. Most of all, I achieved a personal record high in Adsense payout.

Keeping with the same plan and same approach employed in January, the amounts are equally impressive...a record number of traffic and page views, a jump in conversion from 6.29% in December to a 7.72%, and another personal best in Adsense payout.

Additionally, the number of followers on one twitter account gained over 350+ in the same time period. This is quite good in a niche category.

I am not a big fan of Facebook. But I recognize the power Facebook has. It is because of this power I have opened up a business account. With this business account, I hope to use the same approach for reaching out to this same niche market and bringing more people, traffic, and revenue to the site.

The point of all of this is do not overlook social media as a source of traffic and revenue. Whether you are service related or product oriented business, there is power and profit in the social media streams.

Soon, I will be assisted my wife in launching a new business and plan on using the same strategy to reach people. That site and business model is quite unique so I have to adjust my marketing plan. But it should be equally if not more successful primarily to (again) a large base of followers on twitter.

Domain summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting post for sure.

Congrats on the stats increase.

-=DCG=-

DomainSearch

Level 4
Reaction score
actually using services like twitter to gain increased traffic to adsense carrying pages is against their terms of service, everyone does it though. Its considered no different than doing it to a parked page. stumbleupon and the rest are the same, quick closing of the account for sure, careful.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually using services like twitter to gain increased traffic to adsense carrying pages is against their terms of service, everyone does it though. Its considered no different than doing it to a parked page. stumbleupon and the rest are the same, quick closing of the account for sure, careful.
I am not directing people to any adsense ad. I am directing people to a new column or new post.

Pages are relevant, content is original, and no TOS are being violated, as far as I know.

I am using twitter to increase traffic to my site which offers a service.

Simply having adsense on an original page, article, or topic that is tweeted about is not in violation of any TOS as far as I know. NO TWEET is being directed to any adsense ad...none.

If the page was nothing more than a parked page with nothing but adsense or other ads to click on, then of course that would be a violation.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats Doc com.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats Doc com.
The point is I was UNDERUSING Twitter as a business tool. And, I have yet to use Facebook in the same manner. I think wordpress sites almost encourage this technique with autopostings and updates. That is another area I have not seen or used yet. Typically when I add a new post, I then have to go to twitter and make the comment there along with a link back to my site.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am using twitter to increase traffic to my site which offers a service......

I like Twitter too. Surprised you do not have your Twitter address shown here. When I looked for it, did not see it anywhere, or in your site, or profile.

BTW, my experience has been most traffic comes in the first few minutes of the Tweet and it's also a low ratio of roughly less than 2% of the total number of followers. Is that your experience? Maybe you have a better ratio since I see from a post your Adsense CTR appears to be at least triple what I expected so perhaps your Twiiter results are also much more? How do you do so well anyway? Any secrets?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Early adopter of and multiple twitter accounts. Each account a niche within a niche reaching my audience.

As for listing my Twitter accounts, honestly...that is why I am not a huge Facebook fan. I do not like to give out too much information unless it is totally relevant to the topic - or in this case the site. I see no benefit in listing medical related twitter account on a domain name forum. Just as I would not list a domain related twitter account on a medical related site.

In the long run, nobody really needs to know a lot about me, my family, my friends, etc. I am now interested in Facebook from the aspect of a business tool now that I discovered you can have a business account. We'll see...that's the same reason I am not a fan of LinkedIn...that is more or less Let's Link Up! site, imo.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's great Doc Com.

The power is there for us to use. The great thing is we can also link facebook and twitter and together they become even more powerful.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you had to go with just one, would you pick the Twitter or Facebook account? I'm thinking Twitter would be more useful because your tweets could potential be seen by millions, and you can include a link in them. I rarely visit business FB accounts myself.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you had to go with just one, would you pick the Twitter or Facebook account? I'm thinking Twitter would be more useful because your tweets could potential be seen by millions, and you can include a link in them. I rarely visit business FB accounts myself.
Well, I am not that familiar with FB. Perhaps they both have their calling and upsides.

Twitter is real time and instant. When I post something, whomever is following me will get the message, either instantly or in due time. Plus, I can measure the results almost instantaneously as in an increase in revenue or traffic, increase in followers, a question asked of me, or simply with site traffic via Google Analytics. There is definitely measurable that can be correlated to time tweets were made.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same is on Facebook. There is a tool called "Wall" where all of your followers can see you recent activity and that will be instant.
So far that is another and specific network and I would say using both accounts will help you a lot.
As I get more time, I will need to spend more time on FB just to get a feel for the interaction. I am not so much into the chatty part of it but do see it as a viable business (and traffic) tool.

Also, very happy to report the jump of more than two full percentage points of CTR on Adsense. I went from 7.72% in January and closed out February at 9.85% for a CTR.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
March had over 1000 additional adsense impressions, 70 more clicks, yet revenue was down over February thanks to a lower CPM.

March ended up with 10.10% CTR.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
April numbers are in and mixed results.

Although the CTR was off a bit at 9.36%, in terms of revenue...CTR was the highest to date giving me the best month thus far.

As for Facebook, with all the negative press I would like to know how some of you have run your advertising campaign without seeming spammy.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just finished May with a whopping 13.29%

By far the highest CTR and $$$$ made since incorporating adsense into my site(s).

I have still not spent that much time on Facebook (don't even remember my log in) but just posting my site and content has shown up in Google Analytics with referrals from Facebook.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
bump, bump, bump, bump

In case you haven't noticed, this thread died months ago.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrifying...some crazed psychotic bltch keeps appearing in threads that I post something positive so she can post something negative.

A very unhealthy obsession and infatuation with me, pretty freaky.

I (and others) have advised her to seek mental help but she chooses to ignore this advice.

Looks like we have no choice but to let the psychotic fool run around on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators