Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Problem with NameCheap.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope someone with some influence at NameCheap.com reads this. Here goes...

On Friday I attempted to register two cctld names that were available to register on both the NameCheap site and at the specific country's controlling registrar. I did this to verify there wasn't a false positive. So I went ahead with the registration process.

After taking the funds from my account, the resulting screen indicated an error during registration and that the program returned an "unidentified error code". NameCheap refunded me for the names a few minutes later. So, I checked the registry whois to see what was up and it was showing that the names were indeed registered and had the "WhoisGuard" applied which I selected to do when I registered the names. The plot thickens.

So considering the names were available when I attempted to register them, an error occurred during the registration process, the names were marked as registered with the cctld registry, and the names had NameCheap's proprietary whois blocker applied, one can deduce that there was a failure with interpreting the API return code that NameCheap.com would then use as a signal to put the names in my account. This is not the first time this has happened to me with NameCheap.com, but it might be the last (if they don't fix this). The plot thickens further.

I contacted support via IM on NameCheap's site and explained the situation as I did above. Anna Ra was the rep assigned to resolve my issue. Rather than listen to my query and assume the customer may be right and actually know something about how the internet works, she responds with: someone else has registered them first and illegally dummied up NameCheap's TMed "Whoisguard" information to block the whois. Additionally, she said she was going to escalate this to NameCheap's legal department due to the TM violation. (I received that part via email several hours later.) WTF!!!

I tried support again today when I had some time to deal with this and got Oleg N via IM. He seemed to grasp what I was talking about a bit better and said that the upstream provider would need to be contacted. Blah blah blah and that I would be contacted via email. That was 12 hours ago and 36 hours since I reported the issue.

THIS IS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I am really fired up about this and have posted on DNForum.com as a last resort in hope that someone in management is logged in and sees this.

I've been a loyal customer of NameCheap for the past 9 years and in all that time I have experienced excellent customer service, until now.

Please help. If you know someone at NameCheap, kindly PM or email them a link to this thread and have them contact me.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom