Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Protect your online identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wrote this article long back.. thought I would share with you all...

How many of us are fooled by a keylogger??? I see many hands rising

I have written this tut as it will be very helpful for many of us.
Here in this tut we will beat the keylogger on it’s own game !!

Let’s take a look what a keylogger is all about.

There are hundreds of key loggers spread across the web, well the most famous site where you will
find keyloggers is .com .

I don’t want you to download any keylogger now. When you run a keylogger the first thing you will
notice that it will try to infect your system with a trojan program. If you are running a keylogger
you would have noticed that the antivirus will pop up blocking you from using the keylogger.
Well the most famous trojan with which it will effect is the hacktool virus.

Working OF a KEY logger.

What keylogger’s does is that it logs or traps each and every key that you press on your keyboard.
There are some keyloggers which can’t distinguish between the small letter and the capital letter.
But the problem is that is you are not viewing the logged file or( the text file) it creates the size
of the file becomes too large over a period of time.

Some smart keyloggers can also mail the logged text to the person who has installed that keylogger,
they can also hide them from the task manager i.e. ctrl+alt+del in windows. So you have very less
chance of finding if there is any keylogger installed.

Purpose of a Keylogger

Main purpose of keylogger is to trap passwords and usernames.
Fooling a keylogger can consume little time but, the time you spend fooling a keylogger is worth it.
Use your brain and keylogger is fooled that’s another example that proves that man is dominat over
machine.

Fooling a Keylogger

I was thinking one day about the keyloggers. Indeed good software to trap passwords. But if it is good
for someone then it is also bad for someone. So if we look towards a looser’s prospective it can
bring his life to a stand still. Imagine a guy was typing his credit card number followed by his password
and a keylogger logs it and sends it to wrong hand then that guy will be sure on roads begging..

There are two ways in which you can fool a Keylogger

++++++++++++++++++

TRICK 1 :

++++++++++++++++++

Ok, what is a keylogger ?

How many times you will ask that huh ?

Ok i will answer it myself… keylogger is something which logs the key that we type.
What if we don’t type a password and are able to enter the password .
Didn’t understand.

Do a perfect copy paste….

I will explain you with a example..

Imagine the password is : cooljeba

Ok you have a PC at home right and there is no keylogger installed in it.
Type your password at home and save it in a text file and carry that text file in a floppy.

You have to use that password somewhere like you have to check you mail in yahoo.com

open the text file in which you have saved you password select the password by holding
the left mouse button and draging towards the right side. or do something to select the
password (text ) i.e. cooljeba then press ctrl+c (remmember that the password should be selected ).
What we have done is copy now go the text field and press ctrl+v (paste).

note:
If you right click on the textbox you will see that it is grayed.

Now you can see that the astrix has appeared in the box.

Cool you have fooled the kelogger, the poor key logger would just have logged c and v since
it can’t log crtl key.

enjoy !! you have fooled the keylogger remember to clear the clipboard.

++++++++++++++++++

TRICK 2 :

++++++++++++++++++

The above trick can be a bit dangerous if someone get’s that floppy with your password.
The second and the last trick is the best and will work on any PC. even if there is a
keylogger installed on it. But this a bit time consuming.

This also deals with the theory of perfect copy paste.

Here this can undersood only with an example.

Let’s take the password as firE19@

see the password, I have choosen this password with a reason. See that password it contains a
small letters, capital letter, number, and a special chracter.

So what ever your password may be it will have one or more of the following type.

So you have to paste the password firE19@.
What we will do here is let the keylogger log what we type.

so we type a message like this.

Etti was a fat lady
she brought some butter
the butter was bitter
so she brought
some more better butter
to make the
bitter butter bitter.

ok you have typed the above text now we have to copy one character at a time and paste it into the
text box got it !! I will tell you how.

Our password is firE19@

1)

so our first alphabet if ‘f’ copy the ‘f’ from the word ‘fat’ and paste it into the password box.

our password box or text box will look like this

2)
Our next alphabet is ‘i’ copy only ‘i’ from the word bitter and paste it into the password box.

3)

Our next alphabet is ‘r’ copy only ‘r’ from bitter or butter and paste it into the passwordbox.

4)
Our next alphabet is ‘E’ copy only ‘E’ form the first word ‘Etti’ and paste it into the password box.

5)
Our next alphabet is ‘1′ copy only ‘1′ form the word ‘[email protected]’ and paste it into the password box.

6)
Our next alphabet is ‘9′ copy only ‘9′ form the word ‘[email protected]’ and paste it into the password box.

7)

Our next alphabet is ‘@’ copy only ‘@’ form the word ‘[email protected]’ and paste it into the password box.

See this way we have fooled the poor key logger and had our password typed. well the text logged by the
keylogger will be as follows

Etti was a fat lady
she brought some butter
the butter was bitter
so she brought
some more better butter
to make the
bitter butter bitter.

cv cv cv cv cv cv cv

those cv are ctrl+c for the c and ctrl+v for v i.e. copy then paste…

So here the keylogger logs only butter and bitter but not the password with in the complete para.

It is not mandatory that you should use the same para. You can use your own sentence but the stuff is
it should contain all the alphabets of the password.

So there we go :fencing:
We have put the key logger to shame

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the good information....

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the article. I've always been paranoid when I'm out of town and have to resort to an Internet cafe. Much of the time, those machines are installed with so much spyware, adware, and perhaps even the dreaded keyloggers.

forumrating

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
should visit only trusted websites, im scared now to chk sites which i dnt know :)

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great article cooljeba:)

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't know keyloggers couldn't get access to your computer's clipboard, are you sure copying and pasting is safe against them? -.-

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't know keyloggers couldn't get access to your computer's clipboard, are you sure copying and pasting is safe against them? -.-

It would depend on the keylogger and your security settings/firewall/router etc just what is getting in or out.

Keep those nasties off your machine by surfing safe, keeping anti-virus up to date, keeping your admin passwords to yourself, and invest in a good firewall/router.

Side note - I had my credit card swipped off a broken into website that I did business with. Got my statement and low and behold - dozens of charges I never made all the way to the maximum. The credit card company was very helpful and cleared it all up with no fuss, but still, there is not much you can do about other people's servers!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to share this mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom