Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Quebec - Canadian Domainers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahhh... alors des domaineurs.. éDomainers de Québec ici ? Je ne suis pas un vrai pro de l'industrie Internet ici au Québec... �* peine depuis 1992, mais j'étais implique avec l'industrie des babillards avant ca (1981+) dans la région de Montréal et ... 514 ;)

So... domainers. any Quebec Domainers here ? I know you are, because I've done a bit of social engineering with ON/416/Toronto based domaining sites such as this one that Adam set up ... so I know there are Quebec based domain investor individuals (and corporate / lawyer types) here...

Just wondering if DNF is a suitable forum to discuss the Quebec domain marketplace... (I think so..)

Rob

P.S. This has me thinking about that pre-emptive strike project about .qc.ca sTLD become a ccTLD in prepping for the potential separation of Quebec from Canada etc... we all know that the Quebec Government has their custom inhouse Intranet DNS .qc TLD stuff in place.. but anyhow.

Au plaisir de jaser avec vous tous!

Domain summit 2024

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm originally from Montreal, now in BC. A rare english Quebecer. But knowing some french has allowed me to reg some good french generic domains. I know at least one other on here is in Quebec - he has some good LLL names.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
born in Montreal rased in Athens!!!
Time to visit lovely Que this Feb!

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Je suis de la rive-sud de Québec ;)

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ran from Montreal when I turned 21 but I always loved the city. Nice to see you folks here. Feels like home still.

5195 Walkley Ave #3 N.D.G.(the address of my first existence) When I grew up I moved next to the old forum across from pigeon park.

The only homestyle personal domain I have is Montrealer .com. Even though I cant return I'm always a Montrealer

I'm in Calgary now but high-tailing it in 3 weeks, heading to Ontario Again.

Kevin.

DanB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not from Quebec but visited many times! Beautiful place. I have some very fond memories of vacations their. I love Quebec City. Hope to visit again soon!

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Montreal rules !

During summertime that is ;) . Awesome city. No other city in North America comes close to Montreal's cool vibe and beautiful faces.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monreal is just a short drive from Ottawa. If you organize a domainers cocktail, I will most certainly attend!! Any excuse to visit Montreal!!!

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Quebec city still have the finiculaire (sp)? the one by the Chateau Frontenac?

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jacksplat, this may make you feel homesick ;) The famous Plateau-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR8AS31SWzo

Super cool neighborhood. I just love it.. I think Bruce Willis said it best after he filmed "the whole 9 yards" in Montreal" .. He said- "Montreal is the crown jewel of North America" . And he lived by those words. He bought a house on Mount Royal right after the filming ended, and lived in Montreal for years afterwards during his free time. He absolutely loved it, and loved the fact that people there treating him with the most respect of any town in North America. Probably has to do with Montrealers being so friendly , laid back and social.

I can't imagine a better place to get away from your ex during a divorce, yeah even Demi Moore. The amazing amount of hot chicks in that city would make any man forget his past and feel wonderful 24/7 ;). And of course the fantastic nightlife and festivals that rock that town with incredible electricity at all times.

It's also nice to see a city that has amazing parks that are FULL of people during the day. I have been in every corner of North America and nowhere do people enjoy parks like they do in Montreal - here's one of many examples of that-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlxC4kwgASI

AND THAT'S ON WEEKDAYS ! LOL.... You'll see young couples everywhere chilling, a bunch of friends sitting on a blanket playing a guitar with a bottle of wine - you see that everywhere in Montreal (reminiscent of San Francisco back in the 60's)... Groups of friends throwing picnics everywhere. I Love it. What a fantastic place. No city in North America comes to close to how cool Montreal is and it's great charm. Period.

The friendliness there is off the charts. I have never been to a city where total strangers invite me to parties and to their home parties to chill with their friends, on first meeting after just talking with them for a few minutes on the street !!. That happens constantly with strangers in Montreal, who later become good friends. The friendliness, charm and openness of Montrealers is off the charts.

A new visitor to Montreal will find it SHOCKING how so many people, wherever you look, are all smiling and laughing... I don't care if you're walking down an alley, down a residential street, or a busy street, or walking through a park- you will hear echoes of laughter and joy wherever you go. It's surreal.. There's just too much to talk about regarding that awesome city. I can go on and on forever, lol. It's the city of love.

Last edited:

DanB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Monreal is just a short drive from Ottawa. If you organize a domainers cocktail, I will most certainly attend!! Any excuse to visit Montreal!!!

I'm really interested in organizing a cocktail or something for domainers in Montréal. Anyone else would attend?

Last edited:

DanB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in organizing a cocktail or something for domainers in Montréal. Anyone else would attend?

Well... It seems I'm the only domainer still alive in Montreal... :smow: :)

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm alive but in Quebec. Lorenzo (dataware) is from Montreal and must be still alive. Maybe he dosn't know that thread exist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators