Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

R.IP. Parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a call about the switch..i assume most people did?

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanx - I'll give it a few days.

Also, what's with the logging out every few clicks (even though I check the "REMEMBER ME" check box)?

Seriously, my first impression is NOT a good one - I'm considering taking all my names elsewhere if the GUI is this bad all the time.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hold on is this why when I go there to login I get a blank page that says Contact support@........

So they are done, no email warning, nothing!

Please confirm if its possible to even see your account again, I cant recall whats there to even move now. Id have to start scanning all my rar accounts, such a pain.

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can go to http://domainapps.com and use the same e-mail to get the account back.

Go to DomainApps.com and enter your Parked.com email address. A new temp password will be emailed to you. Then confirm existing information – you can skip the WhyParked part if you didn’t have an account there also – and the final step says:
We have already started to import your domains into your account. We will send you an email when the process has completed. You will then be able to login to your new Domain Apps account.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I should read more lol

Got it, all setup :)

TY

Last edited:

metafever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So (whypark & parked) became DomainApps?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only had one Q for them, how long until the parked.com dns is cut for good, waiting for reply.

I loath switching all that dns :(

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not at all surprising. I predicted some of the parking firms would go under when all the new players started appearing on the scene a few years ago. There may be a few more casualties this year what with so many places marketing hard for what must be lesser market vs several years ago, and in a bear market, combined with lower and lower PPC.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is more indicative of parking, not just Parked.
Expect more of this down the road throughout.
The business dynamic for parking took a dramatic turn when
google decided parked pages dont deserve any ranking nor reward.

This will be the standard.

Minisites may be next. Must have unique content.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is more indicative of parking, not just Parked.
Expect more of this down the road throughout.
The business dynamic for parking took a dramatic turn when
google decided parked pages dont deserve any ranking nor reward.

This will be the standard.

Minisites may be next. Must have unique content.

Old news. Parking has been dead before googles announcement.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Not necessarily. New companies continue to popup touting their unique processes to answer the parking problem. (do I need to name them?)

And minisites are just a glorified parking methodology.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

edit to add:

Domains ARE NOT like real estate in the aspect of that many, many, more domains are owned than used.

There is no MLS sales system in place that advertises available domains.

The worst part is, if this was like real estate, domain values would be alot less than they are mearly by the vacancy rate ratio.

That has to change before 'renting out' unused domains becomes a reasonably viable alternative to sales.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can any of the major parking services move somebody's names w/o ANY type of notice ? I never got any emails, this is crazy. It reflects poorly on their new venture Voodoo too. Since about noon yesterday I've been seeing the blank page and thought it was down for maintenance, I'm just seeing this thread. Parked has been on life support for ages due to their choosing Yahoo/Bing, I always wondered why they didn't just use Google ??

DomainApps will now have all Parked.com and WhyPark domains (the site looks exactly like WhyPark) and there's Voodoo too, couldn't they just have called the new Parked.com Voodoo, or any new name if they wanted to start fresh, w/all our Parked.com domains they already had except now w/the Google feed AND Parked's great technology, user choices and interface ? Had they done that I wouldn't have minded this little surprise they seemed to want to give all their customers. And really, what a PR on Parked's part, all our names to a whole new website w/o any type of advance notice, they must've thought w/the 1 or 2 cents/mo we get from them nowadays there's no need for all those "formalities", I assume they're still use Bing as their upstream provider in this new co...

And there's a $10-$25 fee PER MONTH if you want monetization features ?..... wtf ?

Anyone here has used ParkLogic ? I saw Adam's post, it looks promising, just wondering if there's any feedback so far

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true - Angel but then again, when your company is going down and it is inevitable that you're going to disappear - would you really care about customer service? Best to keep it quiet so that the new company can keep all the old customers. I am NOT liking the new company at all so I am looking to move everything out. Bodis has been OK with the few domains I've parked with them -maybe it's time to move over there full time.

Also, now I'm losing all my referral income. :(

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But it's terrible for them to shut it down, without any notice.. very bad business practice.. even the corner coffee shop when shutting down had the notice " closing down by end of month" giving us an opportunity to find another place..this is B_A_D!!!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Not really but the delisting of psrked pages makes the issue worse what with so many parked domains (which were earlier listed in G) and ocassionally found when doing a search (some even had PR) are now gone so even if you typein the name plus extension it's now invisible. The delising will also have a heavy impact on the parking firms who will likely see less traffic due to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators