1. Welcome to DNF.com™ - Domain Sales, Domain Forum, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the largest domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 300,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Reccommended Registrars - NamesPro.ca

Discussion in '.ca Registrars / Dropcatchers' started by jaydub, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. jaydub

jaydub Da' Chef Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    7:22 AM
    NamesPro.ca
    I know there are many registrars to choose from but I have used NamesPro.ca for 5 years and have never had a bad experience with them.

Their support and support response is really awesome...seriously.

Jim
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. msn

msn DNFcollege.com Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    Cool! :cool:

That said, we used NamesPro.ca for the first time - at least, that I know of - recently, and they reacted quite quickly on a few issues that we had found.
  3. garyrcanuck

garyrcanuck Exclusive Lifetime Member DNFcollege.com Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    You said it. Namespro are pros. Their support response is immediate, 24/7 Someone is always at the helm. A big thumbs up!!
  4. Beaker

Beaker Platinum Member

Local Time:
    I'll second that. Their support is truly incredible, among the best of any company I've dealt with - not just .ca registrars. After bouncing around a few different registrars, I've moved all my names to namespro and have never looked back. It's so nice to be able to actually reach them whenever you need to.
  5. DropWizard.com

DropWizard.com Platinum Member

Local Time:
    I agree on namespro. Their service is beyond and above ANY company I've dealt with never mind just the registrars. Recent help emails were answered within 6 minutes. Unbelievably fast! They now have all our business.
  6. msn

Local Time:
    They must sleep at their desks - if they sleep at all. :?:

The answers arrive so quickly I am starting to expect I will get an answer from their support before I even ask the question.
  7. liberator

liberator Platinum Member

Local Time:
    by far the best customer services, I've ever experienced and a good goal to set to reach.

Was also the place I sent all customers who emailed me from CIRA's list of registrars prior to launching our interface.
  8. Provider

Provider www.Pile.ca DNFcollege.com Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    Hi DomainMagnate,

I do care to elaborate actually. I made a mistake, and it is not NamePros.ca but another registrar with who I had problems dealing. The registrant's name is CanReg.com. Two days ago I sent another email to CanReg.com trying to resolve an issue with them, and I received an email from NamesPro.ca guys asking me why I am contacting them about this issue. I guess, it stuck in my head somehow that I was dealing with NamePros.ca even though I was dealing with another registrar :). I want to take my words back, and state that I have nothing bad to say about NamePros, and I also have many domains with them.

I send an apology letter to NamePros.ca and I guess they deserve a fair shake from me, here it is:

I think NamePros.ca has good support, and also I like their TBR system. I know that their TBR doesn't catch top names very often, but I like their system and here are the reason:

1. They have a different and fair TBR auction. If they get the name for you you know how much it costs you, and there are no auctions to follow.
    2. They do catch some top names sometimes. They can't be compared with Pool.com, and Sibername.com, and MyID.ca but they are better than the most.
    3. They have one of the cheapest prices for TBR domains. The prices start at only $16.75. I know that most of the names can't be registered for that price, but
    sometimes there are decent keywords, and people who deal with TBR they know what I mean. Sometimes you don't mind to register some names that might
    work out in the future, but you not sure and don't want to spend money on it, so you put a bid of $17 for it. As an example I can mention domain name
    TotemPoles.ca that NamesPro.ca helped me to acquire, and it costed me only a minimum bid.
    4. In many cases the top names they catch cost less than the prices that you would have paid if they would have been caught by Sobername or Pool. For instance
    Med.ca - $360 at NamePros.ca few months ago.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  9. Namefox

Namefox Namefox Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    Me too for Namespro. I have been using them for about 6 years and their service is top notch. I even get answers on Sundays! Very helpful, gave me a healthy discount and they are a local company (to me anyways). A+++ for Namespro.
  10. DOTCA

DOTCA DNFcollege.com Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    They are GREAT!!! Period!! Love their service.. Amen to the compliments.
  11. amcdonald

amcdonald Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    Love Namespro, Their support is top notch. I only use them
  12. SiberForum

SiberForum Platinum Member

Local Time:
    Looks like support is the most important thing for you guys.
    Goos luck
  13. msn

Local Time:
    Thank you for your comments. Goos luck to you.
  14. COR

COR Platinum Member DNFcollege.com

Local Time:
    Goos luck to both of you. Gos Bless :)
  15. DropWizard.com

DropWizard.com Platinum Member

Local Time:
    I thought I'd show a support email just to show how good these guys are. We sold a domain.

Support ticket opened April 1, 2011 17:53:37 EST
    First response April 1, 2011 17:57:43 EST (4 minutes)
    Second response AFTER WRITING CUSTOMER FOR MORE INFO April 1, 2011 18:07:48 EST (10 minutes)
    Third response April 1, 2011 18:15:51 EST (8 minutes) Domain has now been transferred to new owner.

Total time approx 22 minutes of which around 8 minutes was waiting for the purchaser response.

I swear these guys operate on client service steroids or something :) I've never seen any other company perform like this.
  16. msn

Local Time:
    Follow the white rabbit, Neo. :eek:
  17. amcdonald

amcdonald Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    Sure is, would be smart for other registrars to follow suit.

18. msn

Local Time:
    It would seem that SiberForum does not agree!
  19. Adam Dicker

Adam Dicker Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    So does namespro now have an actual domain control panel or is it still just list of your names and not the easiest to manage?

Last time I had a few thousand there it was impossible to manage without a real control panel.

I am hoping its a system now with a panel.

-=DCG=-
  20. Namefox

Namefox Namefox Exclusive Member

Local Time:
    If you log into your account at Namespro.ca, you will see a link on the right hand side called "Useful Tools". Click on that and you will see their latest domain controls.
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
This thread is more than 180 days old.